Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing append structure

Former Member

Hello ABAPers,

We have appended a z structure to a sap standard structure. However we no longer need the append structure anymore. Can anyone tell me how to remove the z structure now?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Haseeb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor

Hi Haseeb,

You can go to transaction code <b>SE11</b> (ABAP Dictionary). Enter database table with <z structure> and click on <b>Delete</b> button.

The system will prompt a message of deleting the append structure results in reactivation of and adjusment of table < ... > on the database then you need to click on delete button.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

8 REPLIES 8

nablan_umar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you appended it thru user exit implementation, edit the structure thru that as well. Then, select the fields then click on delete button. Or you can go thru transaction SE11 and delete the fields.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete the append structure (Z structure) itself in se11.

pradiptakumar_mishra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Haseeb,

Go to SE11. In the tables field give your append structures name. Then click on the delete button on the status bar.

It'll prompt from re-activation of the standard table/structure. Just click on delete icon.

It'll solve your issue.

With Regards

Pradipta Kumar Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1) select the row and delete the append structure

2) activate the table

3) se11>(click on change table)>UTILITIES-->Database Utilities

click on activate and adjust database ( select radio button save data)

step 3 is very important since after deletion u need to adjust database table.

close the thread if the problem is solved.

Mark Helfull answers

regards

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor

Hi Haseeb,

You can go to transaction code <b>SE11</b> (ABAP Dictionary). Enter database table with <z structure> and click on <b>Delete</b> button.

The system will prompt a message of deleting the append structure results in reactivation of and adjusment of table < ... > on the database then you need to click on delete button.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for you replies.

The problem I have is, I have removed the z structure from sap table. However, one there was an additional index on the sap table that was using one of the field from the z structure.

Now when I try to activate the sap structure after deleting the structure, it complains that the field in the index is not available anymore and cannot be activated.

0 Kudos

Please remove that field from the index. You may also have to activate/adjust from SE14.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Firstly go to /se11 and delete the z structure you created earlier .

Secondly, go to SE14 and save & adjust Database. This is very important .