cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Adobe save button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know how to hide the save button on an Adobe form?

The reason that I am asking is that we have a save button on a Web Dynpro that saves the document to a content server, we want to disable the save button in Adobe to stop users from saving to the local machine.

I have looked at the javascript hideToolbarButton command but it seems that this needs to go into the config.js file. This is not a solution as the save button is then not available to pdf documents opened outside of SAP.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have read through the link but unfortunately it talks about hiding the toolbar, unfortunately this would not be a solution as we require the print option.

The link also suggests using the app.hideToolBarButton but this is not possible as this setting is stored on an ini file on the users PC and would disable the Save button for all PDF documents (i.e. when the users opens a PDF form outside of SAP the save button will not be available).

I am not sure if it is possible but I would like to just hide/disable the Save button?

Many thanks for your help.

Ian

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian,

Per my understanding there is no solution other than mentioned above.

Alternatively you can hide the Adobe toolbar and for printing puproses instead of using the Toolbar Item you can place a Print Button from Adobe Library in your form.

Chintan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at below thread.

Chintan