cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routes and Sales Order Lead Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to come up with a way to config that for certain materials when ordered that it will add a certain amount of days to the lead time from the sales order.

So for example for Material 1, our Operations group wants to add 2 days to the lead time. The order types used could be Same day or 3 day. So they would want if an order is placed today using the Same Day lead time, that even though the first date on the order would be 9/18, they would want it to confirm to 9/21. Or if used the 3 day lead time, that it would show the first date of 9/23, but would confirm to 9/25.

One thing I tried was to set up a route . . . and added 2 days in transportation lead time. I created a new Transportation Group for the material master associated with this, so when I enter a order using same day it works, but when I enter an order using three day it does not . . . it looks like only calculating the transportation planning date.

So, I guess I wonder if routes is the way to go, and is there a way that what I need to do can be done?

Thanks,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane

If you dont want to add lead time in days for material while creating sales order then create a Z document type and for that

Z document type dont maintain Lead Time in Days. Where as for standard document type you maintain lead time in days. So if you dont want to have lead time in days then create sales order with Z document type and if you want to include lead time in days then create sales order with standard document type. So there is no need to go with Route and Transportation to differentiate

Regards

Srinath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem we are having is availability takes into account material that is in Quality Inspection. So when an order is entered, and availability is checked, it will confirm to for example today's date if the lead time is same day. They do not want to remove Quality Inspection from the Availability check. But since we have some materials now that take longer to come out of Quality Inspection than same day (the estimate is 2 days), they would like the availability check to be able to confirm two days out if in Quality Inspection.

In most cases in our system all the dates delivery date, goods issue date, loading date, material avail date and transportation planning date are all the same.

So they are wanting for example the delivery date and the goods issue date to be 2 days out.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

The best thing I would suggest you is to follow this.

Go to "OVLZ" And select the option scheduling from shipping point. In that you maintain the Picking time as "2"days. And ib "OVLY" you make the delivery scheduling active. This would suffice your requirment If you want 2 days for all the materials which belong to that plant/shipping point. But If you want the system to etermine the confirmation time based on materials determine the seperate route based on the transportation group and activate the tranportation scheduling for each sales order type in "OVLY" and maintain the transit time in "0VTC". Kindly please let me know if you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Determination at order header level (such as sales order lead time attributes) will not work, since a mentioned already there is a need to add availability lead time for particular items only.

Also the transit time is not a valid option because then the picking/loading date will not be correct.

One of the option could be to create a virtual shipping point with additional pick/pack time. But this is a 'dirty' solution to me which I don't like. Shipping point has many more consequences in picking/shipping processes.

Therefore my recommendation would be to play around availability checks. I don't think there is any standard that can do all you want (without removing quality from materials). But I would think of creating alternative schedule line for such items which could then be processed differently (probably via u-exit).

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Basically the confirmation time would be dependant on the following factors.

1.Material availability date

2.Loading date

3.Goods issue date

4.Transportation planning date

This is bottomup calcualation.

**Transportation planning time comes from the route basically.**

The system uses the material availability date to generate automatic production and purchasing requirements. The system calculates the material availability date by working backwards from the customer's requested delivery date, taking into account how much time is needed for delivery-related procedures, such as picking, packing, loading, and transportation.

Loading Date:

The date by which picking and packing must be completed so that the goods are ready for loading and for the delivery to reach the customer on time. Any special packaging materials required for loading must also be available by this date.

The system uses predefined time estimates to calculate the loading date. The estimates take into account the following information:

Shipping point

Route

Loading group

Goods issue date

The date on which the goods must physically leave the shipping point to reach the customer on time.

The system automatically calculates the goods issue date by taking into account the following factors:

The requested delivery date

The pick/pack time

The loading time

The transit time

After considering all the above system proposes the delivery date. On top of the above factors system takes Inhouse production time(In case of Inhouse production and If there is not stock), GR processing time, Planned delivery time etc.. from material master.

In your case If you really want the system to determine the delivery date after 3 days, you maintain the Picking time(This gets detemrined from Shipping point -check "OVXD" and maintain 2/3 days there. You can also maintain loading time aswell.

If you really want route to play a role in this go to "0VTC" and maintain the Transit days as 3. But you have to make sure that the Route determination gets done properly(0VRF).

Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have order types with no lead time and with lead times, but what I need is for certain materials, that lead time needs to add 2 days . . . So if a customer has an order with for example 10 items on it, and out of those 10 , two items require more time, we still want to enter all items on 1 order, and to ship the 8 items today, but have it so the system knows those 2 materials need 2 more days. We do not want to have to separate it out, and we have orders coming in thru EDI and ECOMMERCE that we do not want to hand hold. We need the system to calculate automatically for us.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about lead time to move requested delivery date or to determine later material availability date?

It would be also good to understand more business background behind. Why is the lead time different for materials? Because they're still being produced and hence not available? Or because it takes more time to prepare picking/loading them? Or do they require to go on different physical route (eg. ship vs truck) and it takes more time to get to the customer... ?

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski