cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Core Universe without disabling it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to hide the "core universe" to users that uses "linked universes".

I'm using BO XI 3.1 on windows 2003 server R2.

Best regards

Camillo Rospigliosi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CMC go to Universes and select the required core universe and remove the group of users who are not authorized to view that universe. (Doing this we can prevent those users using core universe).

If the above doesn't work out for your requirement then in Designer open the core universe go to Tools -> Access Restrictions -> Users access restrictions -> Select the user group and select the universe -> Ok.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh Aluri,

I've tried your suggestions with no success:

If I do this:

"In CMC go to Universes and select the required core universe and remove the group of users who are not authorized to view that universe.

(Doing this we can prevent those users using core universe)."

Then when users try to use the linked universe they get the folowing error:

"Some database tables are no longer available in the universe. See your Business Objects administrator. (Error: WIS 00004)"

"In Designer open the core universe go to Tools -> Access Restrictions -> Users access restrictions -> Select the user group and select the universe -> Ok."

I select user group but I have to apply a restriction , how can I select the universe?

I've heard about a trick of puting the core universe in a particular folder and take off rights to users to access this folder, but when I do this, users can still see the core universe in the list of universe in webi.

Perhaps I missed something?

Cheers

Camillo

Edited by: Camillo Rospigliosi on Sep 25, 2009 12:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. My customers need to see the linked universes, but not the kernel. Did you ever get this resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I made two different universes without linked and core universe structure...