cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find smartform error - not printing from transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a little problem with a smartform .. that I don't know which is .. this because when I try the print from SMARTFORMS transaction, it works, for some data works correctly and for some other data, the print is not shown. I think there is an error in that case (functional guys told me it's mine problem) but I don't know ho w to get the error message that occurred. can anybody help me please?

I tried to search the forum before posting, because I think there should be a way for analyzing this kind of error, but probably I used wrong words, because I cannot find anything .. so sorry if the question has already been asked and answered (I hope)

thanks

gabriele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto transaction SFTRACE activate trace , tick the checkboxes error and warning.

then run ur transaction which triggers the smartform and if any error or warning occurs processing will stop in debugging mode at the warning or error message

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Check for which DATA the Smartform is not Printing and what is the Error it is giving , if you executing thru Tcode then u must have configured through NACE tcode ,if so then check the LOG in the OUTPUT and what it says , if the form did not print then it will give u a error and also what type of error through which u can resolve ur issue.

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

It is hard to give an answer which solves your problem.

In most cases as the smartform sometimes with different forms the cause is that 1 or more fields are overfilled.

Like a too long variable in a to small field.

You must try to find out in which part of the smartform the problem occurs. One of the ways to do that is to shriinken the output part by part (with (output-)conditions) until you get a printed output. Then the problem is in the lastpart you have out-conditioned.

I know it is not an easy job but for error finding iin smartforms is hard.

success

Gr., Frank