cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Elimination - No records to process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Intercompany Elimination. I have two entities BP01_Input & BP02 under the entity BP01.

BP01_Input has ICCost of 1200 against BP02.

BP02 has ICSales of 1500 against BP01_Input.

I carried out the following steps:

1. Changes to the Account dimension u2013 Added the ELIMACC property and filled it with ICDiff for the accounts ICCost and ICSales

2. Changes in INTCO dimension u2013 Added BP01_input and BP02 in entity property for Intercompany idu2019s I_BP01 and I_BP02

3. Changes in Entity Dimension u2013 Added ELIM property and filled with u201CYu201D for BP01 and "N" for its subsidiaries

4. Changes in RptCurrency dimension u2013 USD is the reporting currency

5. Ran the data manager package for IC elimination for running the default ICELIM logic with parameters for Category (Actual) and Time (2008.Dec)

The data manager runs successfully. But the log shows "No records to process".Elimination of 300 is not shown in ICDiff account.

Please let me know if there are any mistakes or any other configuration steps required.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shoba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created an entity ELIM_BP01 and had set ELIM property to "Y" only for that entity and it worked. This "elimination entity" is needed for posting elimination results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shoba:

I have a question: why is it neccesary to use a special entity for elimination?

Regards

jav

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jav,

That is how BPC is setup to perform intercompany eliminations.

The elimination will be performed in the “elimination entity” below the first "common parent"

For example:

NorthAmerica

Canada

USA

NorthAmerica_E (property ELIM=Y)

If there is data to be eliminated, then it would be stored at the NorthAmerica_E entity because you cannot store data at parent level members in BPC.

See the following link for further information:

Performing Intercompany Eliminations

HTH,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John, txs for answering.

Let me set a quick example:

Entity hierarchy:

Entity Account Month Year    DataSrc       Flow     Amount

100     ABC      005     2012  DS_INPUT  F_100     9000

I want the elimination intercompany (which runs through automatic adjustments) to create this record:

Entity Account Month Year    DataSrc       Flow     Amount

100     ABC      005     2012  DS_ELIM  F_100      -9000

I dont need to save this elimination record at parent level, just for 100 Entity.

This works, but I d like to know if it is valid or not.

PD: I m on BPC NW 7.5 SP11

Regards

JAV