cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change XML Schema in MDM Console?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario: SRM send products to MDM Catalog using PI.

I need to change the XML Schema (XSD) for processing some new fields that don't exist in Catalog. So I created a copy of the XSD file in my station and made the necessary changes.

In XML Schema (MDM Console), I changed the FileName for getting the XSD I created.

But when I tested SRM Shopping Cart again, this couldn't access the products in Catalog anymore.

1) After my chage the FileName shows the name with "c:\Documents and Settings\...". Does it work?? Is this the cause of the error?

2) Do you know why my change affect the Shopping Cart access to the products in the Catalog?

3) Now I don't know how to undo my change in FileName. I can't do it because in the FileName MDM Console it doesn't allow to write it. It allows only to choose a file in some place, my station for example.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks!

Rose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosa ,

If you have edited the name of the XSD in Schema section then it will not work.you have to browse a copy of XSD from your machine and attch that to XML schema.MDM keeps this for import and syndication reference internally.Once you have uploaded the XSD ,deleting the one on your machine will not affect anything as MDM will create its own copy .During schema migration of repository to other environments you need not to attach the xsd manually again as internal copy of XML schema will get transferred

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

I was analysing what you explain, but it was not exactly this problema. But what you wrote, help me to understand better the MDM and lets me know more about schemas .

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Vinary,

It was exactly this. I had edited the name. I changed it and now it is working.

Thank you very much for your help!

Rose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rose

You are mistaken

Admin -> XML schemas use for check data for Import/Syndicate operations

You can change repository structure 2 metods:

1) stop repository and add/delete fields

2) use repository schema

export repository schema

apply changes to it(do it very accurately)

stop repository

import repository shema

in both cases you need stop/start repositoryr

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernicheka