cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Assignment Blocks disappear after enhancing a standard component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we had a strange effect in one of our enhanced standard components and I wanted to check if anybody had seen this before, before opening an OSS call.

The requirement was to add a custom Assignment Block to the standard component BP_Head. So I went and created a Z-Component and enhanced BP_HEAD in order to define the component usage.

At that point I noticed, that not only was my Z-Component missing from the Available Assignment Blocks, but that the whole list was empty. I thought I might have done something wrong, so I deleted the enhancement and created a new enhancement. The effect was the same: When I check the standard BP_HEAD, there are several displayed assignment blocks and several available assignment blocks. When I check the enhanced BP_HEAD, there are only displayed assignment blocks and no available assignment blocks.

But it goes further. When I shift a displayed assignment block in the enhanced component to the available assignment blocks, it also vanishes! And vice versa, if i shift an available assignment block to displayed assignment blocks before enhancing the component, it is visible under the displayed assignment blocks in the enhanced component.

Has anybody seen this before? Are there solutions? This would seem to be a pretty standard requirement to me, so someone should have faced this problem before, if it is a general one.....

We are using a CRM 7.0 System.

Regards,

Katrin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could try going to transaction SE80, enter BSP Application BP_HEAD and then double click on the object name. That should create any SICF Nodes that were not created automatically for whatever the reason may be. Also, if you created an enhancement, do the same with the Z BSP Application, that you entered for the enhancement.

Hope that helps!

Regards

Katrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

I've proved that you have told me but it doesn´t work.

Thank you anyway.

Regards,

Luis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Finally we have solved the problem activing the service in the transaction SICF.

default_host -> sap -> bc -> bsp -> sap -> zbp_head

Thanks for all.

Regards

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

We solved the problem.

It turned out, that an authorization was missing to create SICF Nodes. Apparently that caused the effect described above. The Authority Object is called S_ICF_ADM.

After my user got this object, I could go to SE80, choose the BSP Application, that was created with the enhancement, double click on the name and the SICF Node was created for the component. Then all assignment Blocks (including my custom Assignment Block) were displayed correctly.

Edited by: Katrin R. on Sep 22, 2009 1:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Katrin, advise please why the assignment Blocks list is empty if my user have a role sap_all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Have you solved the problem? We've migrated the component BP_HEAD from SAP 6.0 and have the same problem you have.

We have sap_all user too, and can´t view the available views in the BPHeadOverview.

Regards.