Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a ztable. This is also maintained using sm30. Now I have modified the table to add some new fields. In sm30 I want to maintain values for this new fields. The condition is I don't want to lose the values that were prevously maintained for the other fields. Is there anyway this can be achieved.

Regards,

Varun.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

While in table maintenance generator during modification, tick on the screens so that they are deleted and regenerated again otherwise changes will not get reflected in your screen of table maintenance.

11 REPLIES 11

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Just regenerate the table maintenance the same way that you created it. It will ask you about the changes, just say "New Fields". It will rebuild your maintenance program.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

This is what I did.

I went to se11 and entered thentable name and clikced change. Uitilities -> table maintenance generator.

F7 -> checked new field.But I couldn't see any changes.

Can you please explain the process in detail.

Regards,

Varun.

Message was edited by: varun sonu

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Tcode SE14, to activate & adjust database without deleting existing entries.

regards,

Suresh datti

0 Kudos

hi Varun,

Go to <b>SE14</b> give the object name and press edit button in that press button activate & adjust database without deleting existing entries.

and go to se11 and enter the Ztable name and then follow this path <b>UTILITIES->TABLE MAINTAINENCE GENEATOR</b>. Delete the existing view and create a newer one.

<b>Note:</b>Donot worry about losing the data in this process your data will not be deleted

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

You want to add the fields so that you can maintain them in SM30 right? Well, we have to regenerate the table maintenance program. First go to SE11, enter your table name, click change. Click Utitlies, Table Maintenance Generator. Click the change button. You will get a dialog asking what kind of changes are needed, select the checkbox for "New Field". Click green check. System will regenreate the table maintenance. Now when you go to SM30, your new fields should be there.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you activation in se14 transaction.

Chose the radio-button for Save data and click on the button Adjust and activate database.

Then regenerate your table maintenance.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data will not be lost if U regenerate the table maintenance again....New fields will not have data but other fields of the record will have the old data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

after adding fields to a table we have to adjust & activate in SE14

0 Kudos

Hi All,

<b>When I click the new fields a new pop up is coming. IN that I am selecting fieldtype as normal. What should be the type of screen ? Single or overview ?</b>

Regards,

Varun.

Message was edited by: varun sonu

Former Member
0 Kudos

While in table maintenance generator during modification, tick on the screens so that they are deleted and regenerated again otherwise changes will not get reflected in your screen of table maintenance.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you all for your help friends.

Regards,

Varun.