cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question about extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

this is a general question about problems we face while extracting. i want to compare the answers to what i said during an interview. You will be REWARDED.

What are the basic steps that you will take when an extraction is hanging on yellow?

Please give your input, Best answer will get the highest points.

Thanks

Fran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fran,

You need to check if the job is still running or not ; use sm37

check the details tab in the monitor if it gives any details

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use ST22,SM37,SM21 Tcodes in both the systems.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I shall go monitor will check the QM status, sometime QM status in monitor changes to Red , so if it is red I need not to worry. I shall delete the request & go ahead.

if not then will check sm37 to see the process is running or not? more importatny will ask my basis guy to check whether this process is getting some processing time or just hanging there as low priority job.

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the request is in Yellow light, most of the cases you no need to worry.

1. <b>make sure that R/3 Job running properly (RSMO> select corresponding load> environment-->job overview --> in the source system .</b>

2. <b>In case you chnaged the data source after the you set up eberything in BW, some times load will be failed light turns to red. somes times Yellow.</b> go manage screen you could see yellow light. we need to replicate DS for this case.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

When request is in Yellow, you can check the job is over or not... any short dump(st22)...process still running, details form monitor(rsmo).

hope it helps

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your responses.

I'll wait for a few more minutes to see if I get more responses and then award points accordingly.

Thanks

Fran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fran

When the status is yellow first dtep you have to do is in the monitor click on Detail Tab and see the ststus some times you will have message like "The process has not finished yet in the source system" in this scenerio go to source system and in transaction SM37 check the status of the job whether it is active or finished/Cancelled. If the status is cancelled go to SM51 at the data base level identify your job and see the status if the status is cancel come back to BW and turn the status in to Red and delete from the Data Target and reschedule the Job.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

sat