Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the horizontal scroll bar of the browser in a specific view

chandana_lakku
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one help me out in removing the horizontal scroll bar of the browser in View-2.

My webDynpro application contains 2 views:

View1 - Showing the records in a tabular format

View2 - Showing records in a flat structure

In View1 all the fields are displayed in the table structure where the browser horizontal scroll bar is required to scroll if there are more than 10 fields.

Navigating from View1 to View 2, the horizontal bar remains still intead of reducing.

The horizontal scroll bar of the View1 reflects in the View2. If View-1 has only 5 to 6 fields then horizontal scroll bar is not displayed in view 1 so, it will not be displayed in View2 also. if the horizontal scroll bar is displayed in View 1 then it is displayed in View2 also where it is not actually required.

How do i remove the horizontal scroll bar in View2.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

have you checked that there is no element, that has a too large width set?

Are you using the Webdynpro in the Portal or standalone? Do you use Firefox? I had sometimes problems with Scrollbars, when I have a Webdynpro in the Portal ans view it with Firefox.

Best Regards,

Christian

chandana_lakku
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

None of the element has the width more than 100px.

I'm using webdynpro in portal, but the issue persists in both portal and standalone.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandana.

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to set the width property of the RootUiElementContainer of View2?

Best regards,

Christian Schebesta

chandana_lakku
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried changing the width property of the RootUiElementContainer of View2 but still the horizontal scroll bar remains.

Thank & Regards,

Chandana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are u setting any invisible property regarding the horizontal scrolling mode in the views??