cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA53 Item proposal - Where is it used ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am an ABAP consultant. I was debugging a custom interface (for creating Sales order automatically), and found that based on customer details (KNVV-VSORT) i.e item proposal is being used to decide the materials in the sales order, which led me to TCODE VA53.

My question is What is the purpose of VA53. Where is it used in standard Sales transactions ?

I searched in the forum, but could not get any thing concrete

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Item proposal is used when you know that the customer(regular) is going to order some particualr material. By creating the itemproposal we can automatically ask the system to propose the material the customer has ordered without having to enter the material in the sales order. Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi,

By using VA51 T.Code,we can create the item proposal.

It is nothing but the fast entry of any item in the sales order.

It is also known as product proposal.

In VA01,instead of entering the whole materila number etc,just we will use this functionality for fast entering of material.

Press (Ctrl+F11) or use the path:

Edit>Additional functions>Item Proposal.

Pls go through the follwing links:

[Item proposal|http://books.google.co.in/books?id=GzH8bvbV6RAC&pg=PT73&lpg=PT73&dq=itemproposalsap&source=bl&ots=5CD6dXwFYZ&sig=dahV64kkC6fhnikKqYNuUm2FlVE&hl=en&ei=lVuzSsbyBpve6AOF8vD8CQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9#v=onepage&q=item%20proposal%20sap&f=false]

[Proposal of item|http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/difference-between-item-proposal-material-determination.htm]

Hope this helps you to understand better.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Item proposal is used for fast order entry viz., if customer is ordering the same items then we can create the list as item proposal and that item proposal will be assigned to the customer in sales area data of the customer(in Item proposal).

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your time... I tried it manually and it works ...

Regards