cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects Access Control .3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Anybody knows why SAP GRC AC5.3 is called "SAP BusinessObjects Access Control .3 ?"

I was going through document "How-to Configure SAP BusinessObjects Access Control .3 for SAP NetWeaver Portal 7.0" and the name of it did stike me.

Any informations are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sabita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

I recall reading somewhere in SAP website that they have renamed the SAP GRC AC suite to SAP BusinessObjects AC... not sure about the version numbers though,,,

Cheers !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it's "just" a renaming that AC is now prefixed with BusinessObjects, see also [http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/large/governance-risk-compliance/accessandauthorization/index.epx]

Regarding the version - I cannot see a ".3" anywhere in that document and its description - the version is still 5.3.

Guess you're referring to this one [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/502a14db-6261-2c10-22b5-95117ab0e5ed&overridelayout=true]

Cheers,

Dominic

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabita,

Reason being after merge of SAP and BOBJ, GRC had been shifted to BOBJ .

In other words you can say GRC falls under SAP acquired BOBJ.

Regards,

Surpeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surpreet, Dominic and Zaheer,

Thanks a lot for making it clear...my initial guess was the same but wanted to be sure....

Dear Dominic, yes it is 5.3, in my post it was just typing mistake.....

One more point if you can clear, the name of the company is Business Objects S.A. so what stand for last two letters in BOBJ( Business Objects B?? J??)

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

"One more point if you can clear, the name of the company is Business Objects S.A. so what stand for last two letters in BOBJ( Business Objects B?? J??)"

BOBJ is abbreviation of Business Object this was the previous name. Now after acquisition of BOBJ it's so called SAP BO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mohit