cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Definition Refresh in solution manager 4.0 continues infinitely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to refresh service definitions through SDCCN in Solution Manager 4.0 but it is continuing infinitely. The status shows that the task is Active.It seems like getting hanged. Task log says only single line :

" Refresh of service definitions started from destinition SDCC_OSS"

I have checked my SDCC_OSS and SAPOSS RFC connections. Both seems to be working fine. Can anyone tell me the reason behind this?

Regards,

Yashodhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member322647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashodhan,

have you also checked if the authorization, not only ping. Today I have processed several Service Definition Refresh's, and all run fine. So please check in SM59 in the menu test->with authorization.

Regards,

uDo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanx for the reply. Yes I have already checked the authorization by using menu item Utilities->Test-> Authorization test.

However there is some modifications to this problem now. Yesterday night i left the service definition task running and now in the morning when i am looking at the session log,some "reimport includes" are happening since last night and its more than 12 hrs now but still the job is running. Below are the first and the last few lines of the log with time stamp:

*******************LOG*********************************

16.05.2006 18:32:05 Refresh of Service definitions started from destinition SDCC_OSS

16.05.2006 18:42:28 Update of reimport includes started

17.05.2006 08:18:52 Reimport include successfully generated /1CAGTF/IF_LOGFUNC_000045DB_ORA_TABLESPACE_HISTORY_MONT

17.05.2006 08:39:42 Reimport include successfully generated /1CAGTF/IF_LOGFUNC_000045DB_ORA_TABLESPACE_HISTORY_WEEK

************************LOG****************************

I don't think this is normal behaviour. How much time does it normally takes?

Regards,

Yashodhan

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I also have faced this same problem. The service definition refresh in Solution Manager 4.0 seems to be continuing for a long time -> 2 days so far.

How long does this actually take ?

regards,

Kevin