cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saplicense: Temporary license NOT installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are using EMC storage SRDF sinchronization on our SAP production system ECC 6.0 (HP-UX 11.31, Oracle 10.2.0.4)

On the disaster server, in case of problems on the production site, we are spliting the sinchronization and mount the disks on this server, and start SAP production on disaster site.

The problem begins when we changed both HWs on production and disaster site.

Production is working fine because we generated new licence, but when we try to start production instance on disaster server, DB and SAP application is working fine but no one can logon to the system except SAP*.

Error message is "saplicense: Temporary license NOT installed"

On the logon screen the message is "Logon not possible (error in license check)"

Why the problem appear when I changed the HW and how can I solve this problem?

I don't have licence number for this HW key. I don't know why it can't be used with temporary license in some extreme cases on the disaster site when production site have problems?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to SLICENSE -> Edit -> Temporary License that will either create a new temp license or give you an error we can troubleshoot.... You can do this also at OS level just use command saplicense -temp

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error message from OS level is "saplicense: Temporary license NOT installed "

Tnx,

Ruzica

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SAP Note 870871 - License key installation,

If the SAP system is set up from a copy of an existing SAP system, you cannot install a temporary license.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I know that I can't install new temp licence.

But how can I solve this problem to use the disaster server as production in case of "disaster"

On the other disaster server I don;t have problems with temp license. (old HW was HP-UX 11.11 PA-RISK, now we have HP 11.31 ia64)

Tnx,

Ruzica

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume the Hardware key has changed so the templicense is invalid... I can't remember 100% but you might be able to get a new templicense if you go through the system copy again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't do system copy. I just mount the disks which have the same data from the production instance, but on other server.

I don't know should I ask for new license on the disaster server HW key?

But this instance it's the production just is started on other server in case of "disaster"

Tnx,

Ruzica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruzica,

Definitely you need a license for the disaster server.

It is just like you have a clustered installation. You need two licenses for cluster to run.

I dont see any other options unless having a license for the disaster server.

Best Regards

Raghu.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said before they probably have different hardware keys which will invalidate the license. So maybe you do need a new license for it

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

I guess now I need to ask for new license for disaster server to be prepared in case of problems on production server.

BR,

Ruzica

0 Kudos

If You have changed the HW, you have to apply for new license.

More information - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a7/512c2a407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

-Nishikant

Edited by: NISHIKANT KULKARNI on Sep 18, 2009 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have applyed for new license for the production server.

But on the disaster server I will need to start the instance just "in case"

Should I apply for new license and for the disaster site???

I did not do this before and it worked on the old HW.

Thanks,

Ruzica