SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI and Billing Rate configuration

former_member386290
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am practicing some Device Management on a sand box system and have landed into Billing and CA configurations because a Full Installation step needs a Rate Type assgned in the Register.

So here is my problem: I am defing a Rate Type. In the Rate Steps number 3 I am assigning an operand QUANTI01 which requires Debit Sub-Transaction and Credit Sub-Transactions assigned to it. F4 values does not show anything. If I still enter '0020' against Debit Sub-Transaction, I get an error message that

Sub-transaction 0020 has a special meaning

Message no. AH671

Diagnosis

Subtransaction 0020 in combination with main transaction 0100 exists in table TFKTVO. These subtransactions have a special meaning (such as transfer postings in invoicing) and can therefore not be used in the rate steps.

Example

Table TFKTVO contains a subtransaction for main transaction "Consumption billing" that is used in invoicing to find the receivables account. You cannot use this transaction to allocate a revenue account to a rate step.

Entries in view V_TE305_N

Comp Division MainTrans SubTrans Debit/Credit

0001 01 0100 0010 Consumption Billing H

0001 01 0100 0020 Consumption Billing S

All the helpful replies will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

BK

1 REPLY 1

anu_p4
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

You may need to use something other than 0010 or 0020 as a sub transaction in DST CST field in the rates. 0010/0020 are special subs used internally in the programs to roll up all the consumption billing charges into one receivable. Hence, use something other than that.

Let meknow if you have any questions.

-Q