cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL reporting (daily report)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want create a SL daily report with the data of 24 hours of CPU.

It is possible?

When I try to build a report, I have only two option (weekly and monthly)

Thanks

Andrea Vaccarella

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

if you want to do a daily reporting on special KPIs, forget about standard SL-reporting, as it is only available on weekly or monthly basis.

I had to do the same as you (daily availability reporting). The only way to achieve something like this is configuring the good old CPH in CCMS of Solution Manager. There you can create a daily report, save and export as excel e.g. and so on.

Another -new - possiblity is using the IT reporting in SolMan, but there you are limited to some standard SAP metrics. If they do not fit your issue, you are lost. You then have to build your own BW queries which at least for me is not so easy to handle.

So for classic CPU reporting, I would advise you to use CPH. Have a look at RZ23N.

Feel free to ask back...

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I don't think its possible, as you know that thet variants are only weekly and monthly.-(standard service level report).

What you can possibly do is to configure diagnostics for the system and get the daily analysis( graphical / Tabular) form there- not in a form of a report - just as statistical data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Sep 18, 2009 10:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadheeshan,

I also have same issue as Andrea.

I want to generate 8 hourly SL reports on daily basis for key tcodes in satellite systems (SM37, ST22, SM13, etc...)

Is it possible to get such customized reports from SolMan Diagnostics, even as statistical data?

EarlyWatch & Solution Monitoring are already configured in our SolMan 7.0 system.

Please help.

- Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshan,

Thats not possible to have a cutomized view for Diagnostics, Diagnotics provides a holistic view of the performace such as workload, Exceptions, Changes in the system and CPU forms a part of Workload analysis, so i gave Andrea that option(and its just a work around).

Your requirement is something different, What you are looking for is KPIs, Though you can get Syslog errors(SM21) and ABAP Dumps(ST22), SMD may not give you all the transactions you are looking for.

If you can give the list of KPI's you are looking for(Not the Tcodes) we can work on a option to have the report you are looking for.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

you may customize CCMS monitoring for your desired transactions. Do you know this facility? As a result, you get performce values like response times for your transactions. I think this is what you are looking for.

After that, you put the values in CPH and schedule your report. It is a matter of minutes whereas with BI you need days (at least I would so.....).

Come back if you have further questions about this possiblity...

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the reply!

I am not sure if these are KPI's but I am looking for following things in the report:

- Aborted jobs

- Update errors

- Workload (Dia, Bgd, V1, V2, Spool, RFC)

- ABAP dumps

- Spool errors

- Sys log critical errors

- Availability per App server

- Processes running with error

These need to be reported every 8 hours, everyday.

What are the possibilities?

- Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dirk,

Frankly I have no idea how to customize CCMS monitoring, as you said. (any document links to share?)

What I want is posted in reply to Jagan in this thread.

Is it possible by your method?

- Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

you can very well do this via the CCMS, System Monitoring and related IT reporting.(option 1)

Option 2- Configure system monitoring in solman-DSWP

- Include systems in scope and enable the monitoing objects you have kisted.

- open alerts for every 8 hrs of interest and get the report( you have to confirm alerts every 8 hrs-must).

Option 2 is a work around and is easy to realize.

Please configure CCMS.

For this you have to install the CCMS agents in satelleite systems(use standard configuration guide available in SMP)

Enable central system monitoring in Solman.

The below blog will be highly useful:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417100)ID1815985750DB11683266509276763444End...

revert for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

before you start thinking about customizing CCMS (--> central monitoring), it is necessary to mention that you can only transfer performance values into the so called CPH (Central Performance History) and report them out of it.

For you intentions:

- Aborted jobs not possible

- Update errors not possible

- Workload (Dia, Bgd, V1, V2, Spool, RFC) possible

- ABAP dumps not possible

- Spool errors not possible

- Sys log critical errors not possible

- Availability per App server possible

- Processes running with error not possible

So I am afraid you have to do concider hand-made reporting which seems hard to me on a 8hour-basis.

Perhaps you should discuss in your company whether it is really necessary to have reports every 8 hours. Who reads all this stuff and who cares about solving problems (if it is hard enough to report them...)

So sorry, I gues there is no way with SAP default methods.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for sharing the wonderful blog!

Option 2 is what I have been working on till now & completed System Monitoring setup including CCMS agent (SAPCCM4X & CCMSPING) installation on satellite systems.

The data is visible in DSWP.

Now, our client is a bit overcautious about SAP monitoring & wants the above list of KPI's to be reported every 8 hours, round the clock. Believe it or not we are doing this manually for all Dev, QA & Prod systems!! (Copy-paste to xl & send via mail)

I joined this project few months back & suggested automation of monitoring via SolMan. I have reached so far with this.

What I am not able to make out is how to save the report in DSWP to my desktop & send via mail. Or even better, how to trigger these mails from SolMan itself at specified intervals?

P.S. - We already setup EWA reports to be delivered via mail automatically but that ofcourse in not enough for the client..

CCMS rule based monitors (in Frederico's blog) is new to me & I will dig deeper to see how useful it could be for our case. But again, it should be able to output the report in a format which can be sent to our client!

Please let me know how practical is above requirement, even if we need to involve ABAPer's for it.

Thanks again!

- Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

We share the same feelings about 8 hourly reporting but I wanted to explore all standard possibilities to do that before going back & telling them to change the reporting frequency.

Thanks for sharing all the info!

Giving you points for all the sincere help.

Cheers!

- Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshan,

Yep, you don't really have that flexibility in case of a standard procedure..:(..Anyways, Good Job.

Instead of copy paste- you can trigger it from solman itself :).

Do this - > DSWP= system monitoing Graphic->Alert overview

You get all the alerts.

Apply filter- On rating - Monitoirng object and the component->go to export- send as Email.

Try this out. let me know if you face issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan!

that worked. i want to give points to you & Dirk also but cant see the option on left side.

can u test-reply once?

Cheers!

- Roshan