cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Overflow using Subforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Apologies if there is already a solution for this issue, unfortunately I could not find it in my search and the ones I found where not helpful. I have a subform that contains 4 other subforms (flowed so they don't overlap). The 4 subforms have all been set to allow page breaking in content. The container subfrom however has the check box disabled so I cannot flag this feature.

As the contents of the subform grows, the content area of Page 1 is filled to a point where some of the contents do not appear on the page. There is no page breaking done. I would like a page break when the content area of page 1 is full so the data flows the next page. I have also looked at the Help material and still could not figure it out.

I have tried playing around with the Pagination setting ( Overflow, Leader, Trailer) to no avail. An example or url links would most likely be helpful. Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Summary:

Use 2 masterpages. One for the "Firstpage" contents and another for the "NextPage" contents.

For data that is dynamic,wrap the data container in a subform set to Content: Flow and 'allow page breaks'. In the Pagination tab, specify the content area of the "NextPage" masterpage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I finally managed to sort out the page overflow issue as follows;

1. I have 2 master pages (First and Next Page) and 2 pages (Header and Body)

2. I created 2 content areas in 'FirstPage' master page (make sure they don't overlap!), one for the header details and another for the body details. And a 'NextPageContent' area in the second master page for overflow.

3. I put all addresses and header details in the Header page and a 'MainSubform' containing 4 subforms all set to Content: Flowed and 'Allow Page Breaks within Content'.

4. Pagination Settings for the contained subforms: Place:Following Previous, Keep with: Previous, After: Continue Filling Parent,

Overflow: Go to Content Area "NextPageContent".

Feel free to contact me for more details.

Regards

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Make the Subform to the flow content and check page-break.Next make it to position content.

Thank U,

Jay....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

It looks like only the 'child' subforms can allow page breaks within content. a subform containing other subforms does not allow this feature.

Thanks

Dan