Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Creation of Event Parameters With Event Creation

Hi all,

I'm triggering an event via change documents. This works very well. Now I need the old and the new value from the field, which triggers the event.

So I found a very good doucumentation on the sap help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas610/helpdata/en/72/11386ce58a11d1951f0000e82dec10/frameset.htm

I implemented all step's and I sent the event container via email to my user.

But unfortunately it dose'nt work. I never get the values in my event container.

Please help!

Regards, Stephan

replied

Ok, then the event container -> wf container linkage is ok and the problem is that you don't have the proper values added to the event container.

One thing you could try to debug the event container population is to make a dummy function based on template SWE_CD_TEMPLATE_CONTAINER_FB_2 and add it in SWEC to the linkages function module for event container creation. This function will then be called just before the actual event is raised so you can see the event container content before its publishing.

If this doesn't work, then I'd suggest you look for the section in the standard code where the event gets published and debug it to see if the values are ok. System trace is a good tool for this and I believe you also get to see the triggering program in the event trace as well.

Hope this helps,

Mikko

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question