SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-R:supply source determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

Can you tell me the complete process of "supply source determination" procedure.Both IMG and eassy access with t-codes.can you tell me Step by step complete procedure.What are the settings we do and in which master data record we do.Hope for clear answer from you.

Regards

Swamy

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swami,

Source of supply u can maintain in Logistic Store and logistic Dc view of article master . It determines whether it will be external or internal procurement or the combination of that and depending on that it will search for supplying site or the info record of the vendor . Supplying site u can maintain in the site master for stores.

hope this helps u.

Regard,

AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt get this how do we maintain and where do we maintain this " the info record of the vendor".My firend can you explain me the complete proces.not just the master data settings.Try to explain me the complete process what we do in IMG and what we do in Eassy access.Which vendor master data it will take and where this vendor master data is maintained if the procurement is external.for that what we require and what we do for that?

hope this helps u.

Regard,

Swamy

0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

Master data settings :

Step 1: when u create a store u can assign supplying site(DC) and set the priority. T.code Wb01 and WB02.

Step 2: In the article master logistic store view u assign the source of supply for e.g 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 . 1 is for standard order i.e system will search for inforecord or external vendor. if it s 2 or 4 then system will search for suppling site(DC) first then it will go for vendor .U can check the options available in article master.

process :

When u create a PO or STO it checks the source of supply in te article master depending on that it seeches the vendor or DC .

for e,g in masters it is set a 3 i.e consignment then it will serach for consignment inforecord and u cant create a standard PO for that article.

Hope this helps u.

Regards,

AM

0 Kudos

Hi AM,

If i select source of supply as 2 or 4 then the system takes which "vendor" and where we find the vendor?and in which master data (site or article) we find this "vendor".What are the settings we do in site master data?

Regards

Swamy

0 Kudos

Hi swamy,

See supply source 2 is for Stock transfer only .So when u select 2 as supply source for the article in *Logistoc Store view it checks the supplying site(DC only) in the site master . Vendor doesn't come in the picture if supply source is 2.In this case only internal procurement is possible.

And supply source 4 is for "Stock Transfer Before Standard" . When u select supply source 4 it checks the supplying site(DC) first and after that if it doesnt get any DC then it searches for vendor.So internal and external procurement are allowed for the article.

For vendor it searches info record. and for supplying site(DC) it searches site master.

Reagrds,

AM.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answered