Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few short SD blocking questions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i got a few questions which the most of you probably can answer rather easily:

1. Is it possible in SD (5.0) to register that a customer has to be blocked on a future date?

2. Is it possible in SD to block a customer only for ordering (read: not allowing for new orders, thus new open credits) and not for all other functions (so that the customer still is available for corrections like credit memos,etc.)?

3. Is it possible to block vendors in batch (mass block)?

Two more questions which are less important:

4. My client doesnt do any archiving. The consequence of this is that there exist many customers in the system that are inactive. Is there a way to hide these customers (same for vendors) without deleting them or archiving them? Maybe i can give these customers the status "inactive"?

5. Is it possible to give comment to all the changes that are in the customer master records so that an employee always can find back why certain customer information is modified?

I really hope you guys can help me out in these question!

Cheers,

Wander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

we_penning
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wander,

1. Changes to customer data are not time or date dependent. So it is not now possible to block customers on a future date.

2. See transaction XD02 go to Extras -> Blocking data (or alternatively use transaction VD05) The blocking type determines what the customer is and is not allowed to do.

3. Transaction MASS would spring to mind. field to change depends on the blocking type you want to set.

4. I know you can mark a customer for deletion. I don't know what this does to the standard search helps.

5. I guess a text field could help for this. But to my knowledge there is no standard solution for this.

regards,

Pim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx! (volgens mij kan "bedankt" ook, aan je NL-naam te zien :). De meeste antwoorden zijn een bevestiging van wat ik al vermoedde dus fijn om dat ook even van iemand anders te horen!

Groeten,

Wander