cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Creation of Production(confirmed) in Planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just want to ask if in case I manually enter a production order quantity for a certain material location in Production(Confirmed) key figure, would it automatically populate dependent demand quantity on components?

I understand that if production order comes from SAP R/3 and CIF to APO, I will have both production order and dependent demand in palnnign book. But in case production order is loaded from an external file or manually entered, would it also gives me dependent demand? Thanks.

Regards,

Mylene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

As you have rightly said, SNP will plan planned orders and production orders

will be created and confirmed based on the availability of raw materials and

componennt items.

Production confirmed is based on the availability of receipts.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer

Then in that case, we will need to get bot production order and dependent demand from source system since APO SNP will not explode this for us.

Regards,

Mylene

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OOps didnt see the last post,

The orders that you create in APO are planned orders and the ones ur getting from ECC are production orders maybe thats why the ATP categoryis different. The production orders which will come from ECC will also have the dependent data populated. kindly cif the orders to APO and see , The dependent demand will definitely be populated.

BTW: Thanks for the compliment Julien ...

-Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Meylene

If you just wanna see the creation of dependent demand on [unch of planned orders you can do that in Product view. Do as mentioned below

1. In Product master for which you want to create a production confirmed put PPDS horizon in PPDS tab. lets say 15 days.

2. Open Transaction /sapapo/rrp3.

3. Punch an order inside PPDS horizon of some qty and put date. ( pre requisite: PPDS PPM should exist)

4. save and come out

The punched planned orders will appear in the production confirmed key figure of ur planning book

and you will be able to see the dependent demand for the input materials.

Hope this will help you test your case.

-Regards

Virender S Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

followup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mylene

I know the query has been answered but i beg to differ from what people are suggesting in the above mentioned arguments. If tyou are getting orders from an external system it will definitely come to APO and re-explode the BOM with the given data it is bringing in. The dependent demand will be automatically populated as to make a Production confirmed there are certain pre-requisite for the system. In case you are getting it from a different ERP system itself, you might be using a template PPM or certain functional modules to create a Production confirmed in the system. It will definitely re-explode the BOM and dependent dependent demand will be automatically generated.

DO let me know if what i suggest is right.

-Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Thanks for your answer.

The problem is i dont know how I can test since I can not change this key figure to be editable and then manually entered some value on production(confirmed) so I will see if it will generate dependent demand. We are still in the design phase so we dont have the non SAP to SAP interface yet.

I hope someone could give me an idea how to test this scenario. Thanks

Mylene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BAPI BAPI_MOSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI3 can be used to create or change manufacturing orders in APO directly. Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Senthilrajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

I agree with Virender (who seems right quite often actually )

I think you are approaching this the wrong way: you cannot create a SNP production confirm; and will never be able to...

However, you can create a produciton confirm order via interface; and , providing you do that properly, your order will be visible in SNP, both in produciton confirm and dependant demand.

I hope it make sense.

Where you need to concentrate your effort is on this interface.

You will probalby need interface to create PDS / PPM and to create comfirm order.

I am not an expert here, but I guess the best is to use bapi (e.g "PrdDataStructureAPS" (BUS10014) or "ProdProcessModelAPS" (BUS10003 / "ManufactOrderAPS" (BUS10503)

Thnaks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I tried creating an order from product view and it put an entry in production(confirmed) keyfigure. It populate the dependent demand but my concern is the ATP category which was assigned to my order was not the same acategory as when I am getting it through CIF. is this ok?

Sorry as I am not yet clear on how and what category will be created based on what was maintained in key figure in planning area.

Thanks for your help.

Mylene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

SNP heuristic does not populate the production confirmed values.

Production confirmed values will get populated based on the

confirmation of receipts at the R/3 side (execution side) which

includes available stocks.

These available stocks will be used by SNP during deployment

and heuristic for deploying the stocks.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thank you again for your reply.

So this means that in case we will get the production(confirmed) quantity from a non-SAP system, we will need to get/post corresponding dependent demand for that since APO SNP will not do this for us?

APO SNP will only do this for production(planned) -- dependent demand transactional data.

Thanks.

Mylene

Former Member
0 Kudos

followup question needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

Until you carry out planning run, you cannot get dependent demand for

its components. As your production order is confirmed, it will not get

deleted by planning run and its dependnet demand will get planned.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Would SNP heuristic actually populate dependent demand for production (confirmed)?

I understand that APO SNP run will populate production(planned) and corresponding dependent demand.

But will it do the same for production (confirmed)?

Thanks,

Mylene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can make the KF Production(confirmed) as input and enter a value there. Anyways to my knowledge the dependent demand wont get automatically if you enter a value for Production(confirmed), as there is no BoM explosion happening.

Regards,

Senthilrajan