cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_HU_PACK with delivery document and item to Shipment

0 Kudos

HI,

I have a issue where I am packing delivery information to a shipment using BAPI_HU_PACK from a custom FR pick and pack process but there is no place to put the delivery number and item in the interface BAPIHUITMPROPOSAL, I can pass material information and it creates the item using the material data and qty but there is no place for the delivery number to be up-dated into table VEPO. Can someone please give me a work around for this issu!!!!

Best Regards,

Tom Barwise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in general, the HU BAPIs are meant to manage free-HUs, in non-handling unit managed storage locations only. That means that it is not possible to create HUs with document relevance with them. Once the HUs have been created/ changed, they can be added to documents.

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

Try to use

PROCESS_HU_INBOUND_DLVRY

or

WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos

The two FM did not help, My handling unit is a shipment HU with a OBJECT = 04 and the OBJKEY being the shipment number.

There are my steps that we want our process to do and I can't get it to work this way.

1. Create TO's for the shipment waves delivery's.

Using a custom RF program to do WAVE PICK & PACK.

2. process the delivery items from the wave creating HU's (BAPI_HU_CREATE & BAPI_HU_CHANGE_HEADER)for the shipment.

3. Pack the delivery itmes to the HU (BAPI_HU_PACK).

4 Confrim the TO. (FM L_TO_CONFIRM).

These are my issue when I do the packing

A. It will not pack if the HU is assinged to the shipment (OBJECT = 04 and the OBJKEY) - this is a problem because we have many items to pack in the shipment from many deliverys , this process is possable in VT02n transaction.

B. When packing to the HU using the BAPI_HU_PACK you can't pass the document number in the up-date.

I have tried HU_CREATE_ITEM in place of BAPI_HU_PACK but it did not work.

Please any input would help.

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by: Tom Barwise on Sep 18, 2009 11:23 PM