cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You want to earn a bachelor, master or doctorate degree in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

You can earn a very valuable degree in many business and information technology academic fields at our member universities where SAP software is used in the classroom, giving you a hands-on competitive edge in your future career. Many of our universities are also offering the official SAP TERP10 certification course alongside these degree programs. However, you cannot earn an academic degree in SAP alone. SAP is a company that offers world-leading business software products.

In the area of PhD studies, you will need to pick a research topic of great interest to you and the academic community. If you are very interested in SAP, then you are probably interested in Information Technology, Business Processes, Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Accounting Information Systems, etc. You can pursue your PhD research at most of our member universities in these fields if you have the right academic qualifications and creative research ideas to apply.

Please review the list of member universities as published in our University Alliances Community portal site at http://uac.sap.com .

Using the link you will land on our Welcome Page and you will find a box on the right that says UA Around the World. Select the Program Overview link. On the Program Overview page there is another right hand box entitled University Alliances Around the World and this provides a listing of all our member institutions.

The listing is sorted by country, so look for your country of interest in the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

Thanks for your engagement and interest. Please stay involved in and contribute to our on-line community.

Best Wishes

Bob LoBue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I could not find any course in India. I am a SAP PP consultant wanna do my Master and PhD in Technology Management.

Any suggestion can be appreciated.

Regards,

Praveen..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Check out this list of our UA program member universities. You can view all of the schools in India that are program members.

Regards,

Liz

varunsahlot123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

None Indian university provide full master degree in ERP or sumthing like that, and universities in UA list just incorporate TERP10 certification  in their regular degree program which is a overview of different  business processes.

In abroad option you can look for victoria university, brunel university and others you'll find in your search.

BTW where you're from? and i hope we are on the same hunt.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Victoria University has now partnered with Ganpat University to offer its Master of Business in ERP Systems in India.

Hope this helps

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

SAP Mentor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Varun,

I am from Chennai. I am a B.Tech Computers and working as Functional Professional . What abt you ?

varunsahlot123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

Me also B-tech in comp, and working as a SAP business one consultant based in delhi.

Have you decided yet for your higher studies?

me still confused whether to choose a regular MBA in finance/master in accounting from a SAP UA member or degree offered by Victoria university.

Regards

varun

varunsahlot123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

How a UA member offer SAP education in their regular degree program, would student be taught the topics on this site http://scn.sap.com/community/uac/accounting-and-finance-library if he choose for a master degree in accounting?

Please don't get confused with SAP master program like in Victoria university.

Regards
Varun

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Varun,

Hi! The SAP University Alliances Program provides the resources in the Accounting program (per the URL above that you shared). You're best approach is to confirm with the University professor (who's from a member school) what they are teaching by way of curricula and SAP software.

Best regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

First I would like to support all of the advice that Bob has given. He is absolutely right about the "best" university being the one that best meets your needs and provides the education that supports what you would eventually like to do with SAP (or anything else for that matter). There are any number of different paths that you might take. As an example, if you are interested in the current wave of new technologies that are going to characterize the next few years of SAP development (like HANA, Mobility and cloud), then the technology courses of study you need to find will have to support these very technical development tasks. If you are interested in programming, your course will necessarily take a different path. On the other hand, if you are really interested in doing things that produce tangible, measurable business benefits, you will need a course of study that combines business knowledge, business process understanding, configuration concepts and compliance. As Bob points out, this can (in my opinion should) also include TERP 10 academy. If you are looking for the latter path, I suggest that you should look at Central Michigan University and our on-line MBA (with ERP Concentration unsing SAP) or ERP Graduate Certificate using SAP programs. You can find them at this URL: http://www.cel.cmich.edu/onlinemba/. If you would like to discuss further, you can also find my contact information at that site and I would be happy to help you determine if our program would suite your needs or help you think where else you should go. Along with Bob, I never try to attract students to our program but simply explain it and then you need to determine for yourself how you would like to construct your education and career path. Thanks, Bob - really good and helpful posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am an ABAP with two years experiences. I am interested in the current wave of new technologies .

Coud you kindly tell me some colleges in UK which support these very technical development tasks?

Best Regards

Clark

Edited by: Clark_Huang on Jul 21, 2011 2:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much. It was really useful for me to find a university in North America to follow a MSC course relate to SAP.

Best Regards,

Tutoo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tutoo,

I could not find a list with Msc related to SAP in North America. Could you please make it available to us.

Thanks and best regards,

Andrei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

If you do want to use this thread to ask advice on where and what to study, first please read the above posts and try to follow that advice as well as the advice below.

You must be willing to be very specific about what you are looking for in your posting - geographic location for study, work experience, academic degrees and achievments, research experience, field of study interest, degree being sought, etc. Without such specific personal information, noone can help you properly.

If you do supply the right details, I expect some member professors reading your post can promote the benefits of their schools to you directly. But noone will be able to accept you on the spot.

Make sure you do your own research into universities and spread your options by applying to more than one institution. If you study what you are interested in and show passion and commitment, it will pay off wherever you study. All of our UA member universities provide an excellent education.

And when you are getting ready to graduate and find a job, don't forget to use our Career Resource Center at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/ua-career where you can also post your resume in our Career Center job board dedicated to career opportunities of SAP's customers and partners. You can also look for job opportunities directly with SAP at http://www.sap.com/usa/about/careers/worldwide/index.epx.

Good Luck

Bob LoBue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bob..

Its really good to see a professor like you..

you r absolutely right...

but... i got a couple of universities in my enquiry... both are interesting giving good services... so how to go with the good one... in this case we need the experts suggessions cause if we make a silly mistake it vl lead to a wrong direction where we may not be interested to work.. and we can easily mislead by wrong persons for their organisations growth... and probably we may not afford casue thr r so many students who do thr studies by taking loans on there properties(assets)..

So, Plz i request you bob... we need the professors like you who can show a right path wrt the students decisions...

cheers

Lav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lav

I think you almost fully understoond my posts, but let me explain further.

Once you have read my posts, please use the advice there to present a post of your own. Include the proper relevant details in your post, and name the universities and programs in question.

I am certainly hoping and expecting that the members of the University Alliances Community (UAC) - professors, students, alumni, business leaders, etc. - will give you some advice. They can provide recommendations, advice and opinions based on their own knowledge and experience. They may know of rankings, articles, research, etc. to point you to to help you make the decision. But the decision is all yours and you should weigh all the factors, not just worry about what others might think.

I see you are very worried about deciding, but what I can say is that there usually will be more than one good choice! You can be very successful studying and graduating from many, many good institutions. I have great admiration and respect for my colleagues all over the world. I have met so many of them that are individually talented and engaged, looking after their students' and institutions' interests well in advance of their own.

My advice to you is to talk directly with some professors at the universities you are considering. And once you make the choice, dive in headfirst and completely in the academic work and get involved in student committees and school activities as a leader and worker. This will bring the greatest return on investment of your studies, wherever you choose to go.

I am not in a postion myself to provide specific recommendations to anyone in this community. In my job leading University Alliances, it would be unfair for me to even try to make choices for anyone. I do want to say, that all the members of University Alliances have made a choice to invest more time and creativity than most professors and schools in order to bring the sophisticated tools of SAP into their classrooms.

But it should be OK for all other members of the UAC (other than SAP University Alliances managers) to provide you with their assistance.

I wish you much success in your further studies.

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bob,

I have read your posts and Sonja Hecht Posts pointing url's to the UAP, but I really could not get a simple link that lists the Program (Grad/Undergrad/Doctorate) offered by the University and the Courses/Concentration that is offered for those programs. It was a frustrating experience just to be reading through a list of Educational Institutions around the world that offer an SAP Course, without a link to that Institution's SAP Program. Instead of making the interested students hop from one University Website to another, trying to find out those details, if a link was posted which takes the student direct to the respective Program/Course details would be immensely helpful and time saving.

Cheers,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

A lot of people ask me to tell them where they should study. They may think that as a professor or leader in SAP University Alliances, that I will know exactly what they should do. But, honestly, it is not right for me to do that for anyone but myself.

Here is my advice based on how I answered the request of one recent forum member:

1. I want the best universities.

"Best" is relative. Each person must decide for themselves what is best for them. Location, cost, ranking, flexibility, course selection, professors' reputations and involvelment, accreditations earned, teaching vs. research emphasis, proximity and relationship to relevant employers, etc. can all enter into the definition of "best".

2. I would like to do more technical stuff. So software development in IT related course should be applicable to me.

Narrow down your geography and your ranking. Then please do a search on the short list of universities interesting to you to see if their University Alliances involvement is in Computer Science and/or Information Technology. Some of the schools are more oriented to business process and consulting. Some are oriented towards software development.

(You can follow the same advice for any academic field you are interested in.)

3. Looking for a full time course.

Most masters programs these days are designed to adapt to part-time study for working professionals, but they are able to be pursued full-time simply by accelerating the hours taken. Again, you will need to check out the universities that interest you as per above.

In all of my 30+ years as a professor and business executive, I never told anyone where to go to study, even though I have advised hundreds of employees and students. It is such a personal decision. I am not the one who will be studying, so I cannot reasonably tell you where and how to study.

I have two children in college right now. I did not even tell them where to go to study. They are quite happy having been allowed to choose for themselves.

Best Wishes

Bob LoBue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. LoBue,

First my greetings to you, I read most of your comments in the threads that you have posted and responded. It really made me now aware of what is my need. Let me give you a clear picture of my requirement and my current situation.

Nationality: Indian.

Qualification: Bachelors In Computer Science(completed) with 60% aggregate.

Certificates: 1) Microsoft Certified System Engineer. 2) Cisco trained Network Administrator.

Experience: 1 year (2009-2010)

Desigantion: Network Designer and project assistant.

current employment:

Designation: Tier-3 ERP Project Team Lead(IT)

Job Role:

1) Need to implement and maintain oracle based Tier-3 ERP package in RETAIL Business.

2) Currently implemented one store and warehouse and maintaining their daily operation needs.

3) Modules exposed to: Procurement, Inventory, Sales(POS), Accounts, warehousing.

4) For Senior Management reports preparation and operational analysis reports building using Business Inteligence tool from Oracle.

Industry: Retail

Current Location: Doha, Qatar.

Duration: from 2010 to till date.

The above is my present skills and exposure. When I started I had a very little knowledge about ERP but now I am confident enough to handle any situations inside my organization with regards to IT. I just developed from basic and the ERP tool is oracle based in other words a simple form of integration of multiple needs of organization using SQL.

Questions:

1) Am I eligible to do SAP course on ERP?

2) Will this enhance my current scope of carrier?

3) I am working in middle-east and my nationality is India so do I need to go through some basic eligility test to get into suggested university?

4) I have done few home-work on the Masters that interests me, can you advise me on the following.

a) Course: M.Sc - Business Systems Integration(With SAP Technology)

University: Brunel University.

b) Course: M.Sc - Technical Consulting

University - Sheffield Hallam University.

(For this university Capgemini, UK offers sponsorship. How good does this sponsorship worth for my PG?)

c) Course: Master of Business in ERP Systems

university: Victoria University.

I am planning to elevate my current skills to match the present leading demands in RETAIL Industries around the world.

Could you kindly help me with your guidance and advice?