cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to install Standalone SMD agent thru sapinst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

My Solution Manager Diagnostics(SMD) instance in PI 7.0 was not coming up(yellow and SMD agent was stopped) .I got my exact issue in sdn and uninstalled SMD through sapinst.

However now i am not able to install SMD standalone engine through sapinst and get the following sapint log:

======================================================================================

WARNING[E] 2009-09-17 09:36:27.508

FSL-03001 Error converting from host name=http://<fully qualified host name>:50000/sld to IP addresses. SAPRETURN=12

===========================================================================================

i get this error when i make the entries for existing SLD which is working perfectly fine and also there is no issue with host flle and i can ping by host name and ip addresses. Also NSLOOKUP is fine.

SLD is also working fine..

i need to get the SMD agent installed and up.

This seems to be a strange issue as everythign is working fine except SMD (which i need to SLD brodge configuration).

Request help from all you experts.

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

you can also try installing with no SLD option and can later push the SLD settings to the SMD agent to the solman(workaround).

Are giving the hostname alone are the URL you have mentioned in the field for hostname for SLD?. Since you are sure that DNS and Network settings are fine, This should be with the definition of the entry.

Hope this helps.

revert for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan