cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter Processing Incomplete File before job has finished in ECC/FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running ECC6.0 and PI7.1.

Our scenario: Run FPY1. create output bacs output file. FTP Output file to Bank system. write file back to server as read only.

On the whole, the scenario works well for smaller files, however when we export and write a large payment file from ECC, PI is picking up the file and sending it on before ECC has finished writing out the complete file. as we are writing the file back as read only, the file is then locked and the file never completes and we have delivered an incomplete file.

i am concerned that the file is not locked and can be moved in the middle of writing the data to the file.

we have multiple company codes and many output files throughout the day so we need every file to complete before they are moved.

Has anyone come across this before?

any suggestions on how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the Sender (NFS) File Adapter Channel parameter -

'Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check'

should be displayed when the 'Advanced Option' mode is ticked.

There is a bug with the PI 7.1 SP6 Adapter Metadata, therefore this parameter is not displayed.

SAPBASIS71006_2-20000889.ZIP is available to download from the SAP Service Marketplace corrects this error!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

In your sender file comm. channel --> check the advanced mode --> Msecs to wait Before Modification check --> you can 600 it is 600 ms --> so first the comm. channel will see the size of the file and after 600 ms it will wait and then will see the size and if it is equal then it will pick up else it will see the size and will wait till the size is equal. With this you should overcome your issue. 600 is an example, you can change accordingly.

Regards,

---Satish

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Did you mentioned - Value to Poll Interval (msecs ) in File Adapter, Which will help to avoid reading the file which is updating/ writting

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to what Agasthuri suggested.....

For Advanced Mode & Msecs to wait before modification

With this parameter, you define the time during which file adapter wait in order to know if file is currently modifiing by another system.

For instance, File adapter try to pick up the file but this last one is currently used by another system. After nnn Msec, it try again to pick up the file. If file is again used by another system, then pick up is aborted, else pick up will be ok.

Just wondering since its a BACS - Bank data, rather than writing a file you can create a proxy and in user-exit you can call proxy class directly. This way its more secure...Let me know if you need more details. Few yrs back I developed same interface using proxy.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have looked at the description for these fields in help.sap.com:

Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

Enter the number of milliseconds that the adapter must wait before it checks whether the files have been changed.

seems like just the ticket! :o]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you barry.

Put 6000 which would be a minute, I think it shoud be good because sap within that time write atleast two records and the size should be different for the source file.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works a treat! :o] thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not working as expected...

it is still processing larger files...

i am not sure the parameter works properly.

i have set it to:

Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check 450000

and the file still gets processed before it has finished...

any other suggestions??? or do i have to log an OSS Note????

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has always been a problem with file adapter polling. Work around is to use a .tmp or something while the file is being written or being uploaded to/on FTP server. Then rename it to the extension that file adapter is looking for. No collision would occur.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

i saw this was SAPs suggestion toom, but i am using SAP Standard function to write this file out so i should not need to deviate from Standard SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am quite interested in proxy for FPY1. Actually I have to resolve one problem for our costumer. In FPY1 we are using payment medium format type XI proxy. But we don´t know how to call the XI proxy with certain proxy. Will you help me, please?

Thank you.

Frantisek Holas, Czech Republic