cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Stock Category Group for two different configuration.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to use the stock category group to do this scenario:

I have two process using the same location, the process A wants to consider Stock cat. Grp. 'ZSW' (SAPAPO/LOC3) so it will consider Stock using CC, CF and CE. The process B wants to consider Stock Cat. Grp. 'ZST' to consider only CC.

My doubt:

How can I do that setup to make different things according the process? I tried to do something in Planning Area (SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN) but doesnu2019t work.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

-Ralph Veiga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph Veiga,

Indeed the stock category group is define at location level...

I think your answer involves macros more than PA settings.

First I will suggest to split the stock key figure into 2: one for CC, one for the other.

For the CC, use the standard (cetegory group with CC only on the location master)

Now you need to populate the second key figure with CF and CE.

You should be able to built a macro using function PHYSICAL_STOCK() to get what you want.

For sure yuo first need a way to check if you want or not the CF and CE. Here implement your own logic for exemple base on your product characteristics with either MAT(), MAT_C(), MAT_EXTRA(), MATLOC_C()...

Else you can use a Z function in the macro to collect this data, but it involves ABAP coding.

PS: you don't actually need to split the key figure into to, but I think it helps with visibility...

Regards

Julien

0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the help.

The current setup at the Location Master Data only considers the CC category. If I setup the macros using the PHYSICAL_STOCK() function, will the other stock categories be available in my planning book?

How the PHYSICAL_STOCK() should be used? The field seems very restricted so I can only include the following parameters:

PHYSICAL_STOCK( ACT_VERSION ; ACT_LOCATION ; ACT_PRODUCT )

Where is the category selection?

Regards,

-Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

In new version at least you can specify the categories... I am not sure if it was changed recently or not.

see SAP help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

PHYSICAL_STOCK( u2018productu2019 ; u2018locationu2019 ; version ; u2018categoryu2019 ; u2018categoryu2019 ; u2026) returns the stock of a location product of one or more categories.

Please test and let me know how it goes.

Thanks and Regards

Julien