cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I often get this error when I move between tabs in MDM.(especially Workflow tabs)

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.Windows socket error: 10053.

The application will now exit.

SAP MDM DM has encountered a problem and needs to close

My rep has around 6 lakhs records.

Is it a performance issue or something else?

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

Check if you are facing same problem with other repositories as well. If yes then the issue is with the installation else it is related to the data in the current repository. I dont think it is due to Perfomance because MDM is designed to handle huge number of records. If the number of records exceeds the disk space available then MDS will shutdown automatically.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrutha,

Winsock 10053 error comes when any software in your local machine causes connection abort to the host machine.

In case of MDM, you can check whether you have not wrongly configured MDM workflows. Thats why when you start a MDM workflow which is not configured correctly, DM caused connection abort to the MDM server and you encounter a Winsock error.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks,

The Workflow exe file as well as the MS Visio is correctly configured in my client machine.

The only thing that i notice is that i have too many records in my rep close to 5 lakhs and also a lot of WF under my WF tab.

So is this windows socket error that i keep getting any thing to do with performance issue?

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amruta J

I have local installation SAP MDM(MDM 5.5. SP6) Server and Client at my PC.

When i work without network connection with my local SAP MDM instance (check repository data in Data Manager, for example) all is OK

When i work with my local SAP MDM instance and have network connection at some time and network connection is broken - get 10053 error immediatly.

My point of view SAP MDM have problem with network connection detection

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

Thanks.

But i dont think this is related to a network issue.

because i specifically get this problem when i login as the Owner of the Workflow credentials.

I notice that the activity then, takes me unusual long time and when i try to navigate to the Workflow tab to view the WF.

My DM aborts with the error message i mentioned earlier.

Thaks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

AJ,

Well since you said navigation of WF tab and WF tasks caused this; check out number of records involved in each tasks and what exactly they are performing. For example Match/Merge operation for ~2500 records might also slow down & sometime crashes your DM session.

Try to clean up task in WF and check still you are facing the same. Later we can conclude the cause.'

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amruta,

This issue is not related to network, it can be on local machine. I earlier told that, any of your workflow is configured wrongly and when you perform any operation in Data Manager (add/update), that worflow gets triggred immediately and you get that Winsock error.

Either of your workflow (with Trigger action = Immediate) is not designed properly according to Workflow theory.

Also check whether any of the workflow is not in error that is also a cause of this problem.

Check Add and Update workflow with Trigger Action as Immediate according to workflow section in Data Manager reference guide.

BR,

Alok