Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to transfer material, customer master, SD data etc from ECC5.0 to ECC6.0.

I am thinking to use LSMW for the data transfer in the target system. Question is how do I extract the data from source system with file structure compatable for LSMW data upload in the target system?

Below are my requirements:

(1) Wanted to download the data from ECC5.0 (without custom programs and without custom ALE settings and without developments and without SE11 data extraction)

(2) I'll make some changes / removed unwanted files from the extracted data

(3) Upload the data the target system with minimum or no effort (since my requirement is to download the data from source with LSMW compatibilty structure, I dont have to make any mapping in target system LSMW).

Are are any tools, Tcodes are available? I was looking program RMDATGEN which downloads the data in LSMW format, but it is NOT in the reable format or presentable format for changing the data.

I am taking about whole lot data transfers, materials orders customers etc etc.. If you came across any tool and the implementation strategy, please let me know.

Thanks

Nagarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nagarajan_ramudu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not an upgrade.

It is kind of new implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

IMHO you will need to develop the ABAP programs to extract data from SAP to be able to load it in the new system using LSMW.

Regards,

Franck

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member611181
Participant
0 Kudos

Nagarajan,

If you are upgrading, you don't need to worry about tables. SAP upgrade process will take care of that.

All we need to concern are manual steps ,ossnotes, system/transaction test.