cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Purchasing org xxx not responsible for plant yyy" message

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in extended classic scenario. We have the scenario where 2 purchasing orgs do the purchasing for a single plant. When we create a PO for this plant using 1 of the purchasing orgs, we get the following error message:

"Purchasing org xxx not responsible for plant yyy"

Directly in ECC, I'm able to create a PO for this same plant/ purchasing org and do not get an error.

Therefore, we are looking to either turn off this error or set it to a warning.

Can anyone provide any insight into how to do this? If it can be controlled through "Influence Message Control", can you please provide me the message number to use. If it cannot be controlled that way, can you please provide me steps to address?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Jill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

Is the particular plant maintained in the extended attributes for locations for the Purchase Organisation in Org structure.

Regards,

Sheetal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sheetal,

Thank you for your reply.

This particular plant is maintained in the extended attributes for locations. Its at the highest node of our org structure, so is relevant to our Purchase Organization.

However, your question helped me to realize the issue. The issue is based on the R/3 config:

SPRO > Enterprise Structure > Assignment > Materials Management > Assign purchasing organization to plant

If we set up the relationship between the purch org and plant in that IMG activity, we no longer receive the error in eSpree.

Thank you for your help,

Jill

sivasiva2k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jill,

I have also encountered the same error message of purchasing organization xxx is not responsible for the plant yyy in the T-Code: ME41 ( Create RFQ).

I tried to use your solution of assigning the plant to the purchase organization with the T-Code: OX17. But my plant is not listed to the Purchasing organization group - So I am not able to assign and save it.

Note: I am using the ECC 4.7 version SAP.

If there is any solution, please share with us.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SRM we assign Purchase Org directly to Root Organisation & not to any plant as in ECC.

We maintain location(plant) only in extended attribute only.

Please check if plants are being replicated from ECC to SRM properly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI

I BELIEVE IT IS NOT A STANDARD ERROR SAP srm message. check doc check badi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthuraman,

I appreciate your reply. However, this is a standard error message (we are on SRM 4.0). We did not modify any badi with this error message.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jill

I could not see this message in srm 5.0 in t100 table.check it is in ecc message in t100 table.