SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U Meter Read process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have some basic quetions about the meter reading process in IS-U from BI reporting Perspective. I have a y query based on EABL Table, the report has "Meter Reading Status" which is filtered into 3 sub fields- "Automatically Locked", "Billable", "Released by Agent". I wanted to know what these field mean. Are "Atumoatically locked", "Released by Agent" alos billable? or will be billable later on? Are these fields representing "Implausibles"? If someone can give me some process flow with example, it will really help me understand better. Also, what field in EABL table represents "Implausables"? How can i get the big picture in daily basis to see how many are "implausibles" and how many are going to be "Billed"? any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anu_p4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Automatically locked" status of meter read is attained when it gets implausible, meaning it DOES NOT fall between the valid MR range configured in the SAP system. It is NOT billable.

"Released by agent" status is attained when a person goes and release the implausilble reads and make them billable. So, They become billable and picked up by the billing process to bill and invoice further.

"Billable" status is attained soon after the meter read is uploaded and it is Plausible. This happens automatically when SAP recognises that the meter read is falling into a valid range. These reads are definitely billable.

Briefly, when a meter read is enetered for a meter, if it does not fall into a valid range configured against the Validation class, it goes implausible and the status is updated as "automatically locked". This can be verified from the "read status" and dependent/independent validation and validation class updated in table EABL.

This reading can be released/corrected by a user/agent to make it plausible (billable). Once it is billable or released by agent, the billing module can pick it up bill the consumption charges.

Check EL70 transactions to track implausibles. If you want to check the billable orders, check ETRG billing trigger table which holds the billable and non billable orders.

-Q

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

anu_p4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Automatically locked" status of meter read is attained when it gets implausible, meaning it DOES NOT fall between the valid MR range configured in the SAP system. It is NOT billable.

"Released by agent" status is attained when a person goes and release the implausilble reads and make them billable. So, They become billable and picked up by the billing process to bill and invoice further.

"Billable" status is attained soon after the meter read is uploaded and it is Plausible. This happens automatically when SAP recognises that the meter read is falling into a valid range. These reads are definitely billable.

Briefly, when a meter read is enetered for a meter, if it does not fall into a valid range configured against the Validation class, it goes implausible and the status is updated as "automatically locked". This can be verified from the "read status" and dependent/independent validation and validation class updated in table EABL.

This reading can be released/corrected by a user/agent to make it plausible (billable). Once it is billable or released by agent, the billing module can pick it up bill the consumption charges.

Check EL70 transactions to track implausibles. If you want to check the billable orders, check ETRG billing trigger table which holds the billable and non billable orders.

-Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Quanti for excellent information with the big picture of the process flow. Points assigned.

Thread Closed.