cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive RFC is not giving expected output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am executing an RFC that takes a table input consisting of multiple rows, with 3 columns. The input is filled with 2 columns for all rows, and the output table contains entries in the 3rd column.

I followed this [thread|; and also this [how to|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/761eba66-0401-0010-b982-d5f5bd9e8f90&overridelayout=true]

I made sure that the input table has all the rows by printing them. Still the output is showing empty, instead of the expected value "X". I am using the following code.

for(int i = 0; i < wdContext.nodeZ<name>_Input().nodeOutput().nodeTable().size(); i++){
//			Check the value of Z column for either X or blank
			if(((String)wdContext.nodeZ<name>_Input().nodeOutput().nodeTable().getElementAt(i).getAttributeValue("Zflag")).equalsIgnoreCase("X")){
			wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("Flag: "+wdContext.nodeZ<name>_Input().nodeOutput().nodeTable().getElementAt(i).getAttributeValue("Zflag"));
		}		
	}

Anybody has a better idea how to get the right value from the output table.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

If you are using 6.0 thn please make sure data provided to input field of BAPi should be in capital letters.

Best Regards,

Pankaj Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replies!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Can you please give more details? What exactly is the problem? Is entire output empty or only this table or only this field?

If entire output is empty, give the details of RFC call and RFC input?

Check with external break point in ABAP whether the input is reaching RFC and you are not missing any mandatory parameters.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Srinivas,

> Can you please give more details? What exactly is the problem? Is entire output empty or only this table or only this field?

> If entire output is empty, give the details of RFC call and RFC input?

> Check with external break point in ABAP whether the input is reaching RFC and you are not missing any mandatory parameters.

>

>

> regards,

> Siva

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply.

The output table is not empty, It contains the first 2 columns (which are same as the input table). What I am concerned is the 3rd column "Zflag".

The Zflag has entries of "X" in the R3, as I am able to test directly in se37

But the output returns a complete blank for all the rows for "Zflag"

Infact I am not going forward with this approach, since we decided to take another approach, instead of sending bulk rows in a table, we decided to use a LinkToAction, and then call that particular row and get the Zflag value.

But it'll be certainly clear my mind if you can solve my issue.

Thanks

Srinivas