cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any simple way to change transaction text for tcode in role menu?

0 Kudos

Dears,

The ABAPer developed a new tcode in the DEV system. This tcode was added to about 100 roles (single and composite), then the tcode and the roles contain this tcode were transported to the QAS system. Finally biz user found the transaction text of the tcode was wrong.

So the transaction text is changed to correct one in the DEV system. but in the role menus of the single/composite roles, the transaction text are still old ones.

I delete this tcode from the role menu then re-add it to the role menu, the transaction text in role menu is now correct. It is so boring to do this for 100 roles. Could you share if there are any simply ways to change the transaction text in role menu for a big number of roles ?

The system is R3 4.6C

Thanks

Yin Baoyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your problem correctly I think the text you are looking for is in table AGR_HIERT, field TEXT. Update the wrong texts either with database means or with a small ABAP report that you develop; if you use a database utility to change the entries, also do a /$TAB in the SAP instance to invalidate the buffer and reload from the DB.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Simply put: when the transaction text is changed for one Tcode, how to automatically change the role menus for a big number of single/composite roles, which contain the Tcode, to reflect the transaction text change?

I think I can try CATT tool if there are similar cases in future.

Regards,

Yin

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Im afraid not.... at least to my knowledge.

Regards

Juan