cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mates.

I have a requirement.iam in process of data migration from BAAN ERP to SAP ERP.Iam loading all the material in one single particular batch.I dont want this batch to be picked when when normal users will use in the morning.Can i able to lock that particular batch so that while normal user uses the stock on current date it will not pick?CAn anybody help me on this issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction code MSC2 or MSC2N.

In the batch master, you can change the status of the batch to restricted status. (under basic data1 tab).

Also you can check the classifcation tab, where in you may find a characteristic called restricted reason (depending how the batch classification characteristics is set-up) and you can select a reson value for that characteristics.

You can also change the expiry date of the batch to a past data (which you can find under data1 tab). Depending on how the batch search strategy is set-up in the system, the batches with past expirty date will not be picked.

Once the batch is uploaded, then you can change the values back to original values.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Even on todays date the batch is expired even then system picks the material from that batch.And moreoveri have 900 materials and it is not possible to block material wise in the MSC2N Transaction.Is there any other option to block particular batch irespectuve of material.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
moreoveri have 900 materials and it is not possible to block material wise

In Material Master under Sales: Sales Org.1 tab, you have a field "X-Distr.chain status".

You can mass block via TCode MASS. Have you tried this ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

my process is for the purpose of data migration I'll do Goods receipt ofr all the materials in one single batch Z1000 in the past date let say January.2009.and in the morning hours i'll change the posting period to current period so that end users do their job regularly.Material belonging to Z1000 batch should be picked for current period sales order processing because that stock is only for migration purpose.

But the problem is when the end users work on current period material is picked from Z1000 batch even thogh self life of that material is expired.It shows warning mesaage and allowed to do PGI.

My Requirement is system should not pick material from Z1000 Batch when endusers work on current period.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you mentioned that there are 900 materials, it looks the batch is maintained at material level.

This means, though the batch number is one, it applies to all materials, which means 900 records.

In this case, you can try the following;

1) Use batch information cockpit, t.code BMBC, where in you can just put the batch number. The system can pull all the material numbers pertaining to the batch number. Then just click on the batches on the left hand, and in change mode you can set the deletion indicator or restricted status fast by selecting each batch. Apparently it is not a MASS change, but it helps to change the status of number of batches real fast. Once your requirement is over, the reverse has to be carried out.

or

2) You have mentioned that the user are able to Pgi the batches eventhough the shelf life is expired. For time being, in t.code OVM1, change the message number VL 203 to Error from Warning. By this way the system shows hard error, when the users try to pick/post the expired batch. Once uploading is over, then you can change the message settings back to Warning.

Hope this helps to resolve the issue.

Answers (0)