Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V.02 use different RFC connection

former_member318517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a situation that when a user executes V.02 in R3 and then clicks on an incomplete Sales Document it jumps to the SCM system to do an APO Availability Check. The problem is that it uses a RFC connection with a system user and when you are in the SCM system you've got full access. Is there a way to force V.02 to use a specific RFC connection to jump to SCM so I can set that RFC connection to use current user and log into SCM as the same user that's logged into R3?

Thanks,

Tom

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the jump must be interactive with the SAPGui, then two options which are obvious to me are:

1) Correct the cardinality of the connections so that you can restrict the authority of the RFC user in it on the SCM side.

2.1) Consider using the "current user flag" which will then prompt the calling user to logon as themselves.

2.2) Consider using trusted RFC with same user context between the R3 and the APO system. This is the same as "saved logon data" except you control it via authorizations in the target system.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...however

1. Dont want to restrict the RFC user as it's used for jobs, extractions...etc.

2.1 Don't want to set the RFC connection that has that RFC user in the Login section to "Current User" for reasons stated in bullet 1

2.2 Yes, I would like to setup a new RFC connection to SCM and set as a trusted RFC connection with current user but how do I force V.02 to use that specific RFC connection and not one that used for job...extractions..etc that has the system user in it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

> 2.2 Yes, I would like to setup a new RFC connection to SCM and set as a trusted RFC connection with current user but how do I force V.02 to use that specific RFC connection and not one that used for job...extractions..etc that has the system user in it?

There must be config which is calling the RFC function using a destination to the SCM system. Normally I just debug the call and look to see where the rfcdes value is coming from. I have also seen it hardcoded on a few occations using sy-sysid - also a form of config, even if a rather hollow one...

Personally I would try to group them into usage cases, and not necessarily "modules" or anything like that.

> 1. Dont want to restrict the RFC user as it's used for jobs, extractions...etc.

This is a nice example.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks...got another tip from another post. Tcode CFC7. I can setup different RFC connections for different scenarios.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Ahhh... cross-posting.

Please avoid the temptation to cross-post as it scatters parts of the information around the forums and no one except you can put it together - after a while, like for those who search.

Rather ask a moderator to move a thread after a while if you think there is a better forum for it.

It would be really cool to be able to mirror threads, but that feature does not exist yet.

Cheers,

Julius