cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to drag and drop UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to Visual composer. I have installed trial version SAP NWDS CE 7.1. I am not able to drag and drop the UI elements in Design board. I have installed Adobe SVG viewer and MSXML parser. I am using IE 8. Can any one tell me what is the reason behind this?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by: Stars on Sep 18, 2009 3:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you getting any Error ?

let me know steps you are following to drga and drop .

is it compose panel is displaying all the rquired controls.

when you are creating model what type you selecting .

Steps:

1.creat the model of type compositiview.

2.then select compose on right sdie.

3.you can see lot of UI controls.

4.then drag drop and use for your modeling.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu Nagotla,

1. I already created the models using the steps as u said. I can see the controls, When drag and drop the controls It does not paste the controls on the board.

2. One more thing I tried to do the tutorial "A Step by Step Guide for Creating a Basic Visual Composer Application". When importing the Zip file it gives me the error in dialog popup as below

"501 u2013 Method_vcobjectinfo=serviceExecution&requestParam=%3C%3Fxmlversion%3D%271.0%27encoding%3D%27UTF-8%27%3F%3E%3Coperationname%3D%27findPossibleCollisions%27+service%3D%27ExportImportController%27%3E%3C%2Foperation%3E%&methodName=findPossibleCollisions&serviceName=ExportImport is not defined in RFC 2068 and is not supported by the Servlet API"

I am using IE 8, any problem due to this? Pls suggest me anyone...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is Version and SP of your VC7.1 Portal ?

are you trying to import higher version mdoels to lower version portal or VC ?

May be the problem come from I.E8 also,just check it once on I.E7 also.

Regards,

Govindu

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IE8 is not supported in this version of IDE (7.1). It is only supported in the coming EhP2 for 7.1. This is why some things work and some not. Definately it's the reason for the error that you get.

Best regards,

Netanel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Govindu and Netanel

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

when you update NWDS using the newest patches than you are using VC SP3 inside of NWDS. This works also with IE8.

Answers (0)