cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help with Web Dynpro call on another system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to create a search help with web dynpro on a field but the database is on another system... How can I do?

Many Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would use a search help exit. Nothing WDA specific here, as this has been possible long before WDA came around. With a search help exit you define the search help like normal, but instead of database table or view being the source of selection, you have a function module. Within the coding of this function module you can call an RFC to read data from another system or call a web service if you need to bridge over to something that isn't ABAP based.

You can read more about Search Help Exits here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/cf/21ee52446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks Thomas,

I have another question because I am a new entry on web dynpro. When I associated the search help on the field, on view of web dynpro the "Search Help Symbol" near the field appears automatically or I have to specify a property of inputfield?

Tks!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If there is a value help associated with the attribute within the context, then the framework will add the Value Help icon automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, I solved!