cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL for NW 7.11 driver problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which Driver do I have to use when I want to connect from a NW 7.11 application to a MSSQL Server 2005? I tried setting up my custom datasource using the SYSTEM_DRIVER of the NW Server, it said it couldnt find com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver class. Now I added a custom driver with the 2.0 JDBC .jar file from microsoft and now it says

Caused by: com.sap.engine.frame.core.database.DatabaseException: Exception of type com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException occurred: Could not load class com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver with class loader library:MSSQL AT com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader AT 3e6fc474 AT alive..

at com.sap.engine.core.database.impl.DataSourceAdministratorImpl.createDataSource(DataSourceAdministratorImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.ContainerImpl.startDataSources(ContainerImpl.java:1453)

... 87 more

Caused by: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Could not load class com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver with class loader library:MSSQL AT com.sap.engine.boot.loader.ResourceMultiParentClassLoader AT 3e6fc474 AT alive.

at com.sap.sql.log.Syslog.createAndLogOpenSQLException(Syslog.java:104)

at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.VendorConnectionFactory.createInstance(VendorConnectionFactory.java:210)

at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.VendorConnectionFactory.createVendorDriver(VendorConnectionFactory.java:43)

at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.DriverPooledConnectionFactory.<init>(DriverPooledConnectionFactory.java:31)

at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DataSourceManager.createPooledConnectionFactory(DataSourceManager.java:546)

at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DataSourceManager.createDataSource(DataSourceManager.java:505)

at com.sap.sql.connect.datasource.DataSourceManager.createDataSource(DataSourceManager.java:136)

at com.sap.sql.manager.OpenSQLManager.createDataSource(OpenSQLManager.java:140)

at com.sap.engine.core.database.impl.DataSourceAdministratorImpl.createDataSource(DataSourceAdministratorImpl.java:42)

... 88 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: library:MSSQL

Living status: alive

Direct parent loaders:

[system:Frame]

Resources:

E:\usr\sap\XX\J00\j2ee\cluster\bin\ext\MSSQL\sqljdbc.jar

-

at com.sap.engine.boot.loader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:274)

at com.sap.engine.boot.loader.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:243)

at com.sap.sql.connect.factory.VendorConnectionFactory.createInstance(VendorConnectionFactory.java:206)

or do I have to upload the DLL files as well?

(had to replace all @ with AT because of forum restrictions )

code formatting isnt working somehow, sorry -

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at your config tool (c:\usr\sap\sid\dvebmgs00\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat) settings and see where\what it's looking for. It looks like the jdbc driver settings are incorrect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you guide me to the proper configuration section?

here is what happens when I try to use the SYSTEM_DRIVER

ContainerImpl.startDataSources(): Cannot load driver: SYSTEM_DRIVER. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [service:dbpool]

Living status: alive

Direct parent loaders:

[system:Frame]

[library:j2eeca]

[library:core_lib]

[service:timeout]

[interface:naming]

[interface:tcbldeploy_api]

[service:connector]

[library:opensqlextensions]

[library:jdbdictionary]

[library:antlr]

Resources:

E:\usr\sap\XX\J00\j2ee\cluster\bin\services\dbpool\lib\private\sap.comtcjedbpoolimpl.jar

-

regards

0 Kudos

Stefan,

What was the resolution to your issue?

Sam

Answers (0)