cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Computing + SAP PI

0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

SAP provides an EDI/B2B managed services hub in a cloud computing environment that utilizes SAP technology including Netweaver PI. They specialize in operating and supporting EDI and B2B systems for SAP customers.

Then the SAP user no longer needs to use any third party EDI adapters, mapping tools, EDI consultants, etc. They can simply interface with the SAP EDI/B2B exchange and the EDI/B2B processes are then managed and supported at a considerable cost savings.

will this replace Seeburger Adapters? in SAP PI

will SAP provide EDI/B2B managed services in the SAP PI tool itself or it's a service?

what is the SAP roadmap for Cloud Computing?

role of cloud computing with SAP PI?

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think there are many VAN or B2B Provider out there, and you always need to make the math if it pays for you or not. Besides PI with Adapters, classical B2B (standalone) Gateways the option to interface to a single (or multiple) external providers is an option.

For an external provider you need to make sure, that you can reach all your intended business partners, and that the costs are lower than with the other options. Typically outsourcing and insourcing trends in the industry alternate.

Greetings

Bernd

(Ob Sales: This is the reason why Seeburger offers solutions for all three.)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

will SAP provide EDI/B2B managed services in the SAP PI tool itself or it's a service?

By reading all the wikis of Axels angeli and few more experts i found that SAP like to outsource completely all the EDI based work to third party and that third party would be Crossgate which will be responsible to handle the EDI part of all the SAP customer.An EDI genie Odysseus in his recent article article " Revisiting EDI Functionality on SAP XI/PI " in ittoolbox asserted his taught on the same point you raised adds strength to the point that third party adapters will get replaced (again depends up on the customer choice ).Try to refer the article .

from the article: " Cloud computing really means is that the EDI system, which runs on XI/PI, is built by Crossgate's developers, maintained by Crossgate's support team, and runs on Crossgate's servers. Crossgate's customers only have to worry about their SAP system, and their fees of course. "

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/EDIandB2BUsingPIinaCloudComputing+Environment

Thanks,

Ram.

0 Kudos

Thanks for teh replys.

but how this New EDI Approach usful for existing SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Users/customers? and what is the role of SAP PI consultants and EDI developers in EDI and B2B integrations.

" By leveraging SAPu2019s existing co-ownership and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) relationship with Crossgate, SAP NetWeaver PI customers can also choose an on demand EDI approach for B2B integration that does not require additional investments in building mappings, software, servers or hiring staff to maintain trading partner connectivity.

Crossgate B2B360 Services Powered by SAP addresses the key issues found with traditional in-house EDI and B2B integration development. Instead of providing only generic B2B data standards such as ANSI X12 and EDIFACT, along with mapping toolsets, this managed services approach to EDI includes partner-specific mappings, communications, and business processes. More importantly, the interface with Crossgate is fully aligned with SAP NetWeaver and Service-oriented Architecture. And unlike in-house B2B solutions where time and materials costs can quickly skyrocket out of control, Crossgateu2019s business model offers fixed-price predictability. "

we have XI content for SNC and TM at SMP. suppose an existing SAP PI custoner is willing to go for EDI and B2B with crossgate service. in this case the PI developer/consultant can play any role to implementation? where can i update knowledge on CROSSGATE EDI approach for B2B integration suppose i want to implement EDI for B2B integration to my customer.

Regards,

Srini

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasarao.

but how this New EDI Approach usful for existing SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Users/customers? and what is the role of SAP PI consultants and EDI developers in EDI and B2B integrations.

The SAP user no longer needs to purchase and maintain third party EDI translators, mapping tools, point to point mappings, integration scripts, communication servers, EDI staff, EDI consultants, EDI helpdesks, etc. They can simply interface with the Crossgate EDI/B2B exchange and the EDI/B2B processes are then managed and supported at a considerable cost savings.

we have XI content for SNC and TM at SMP. suppose an existing SAP PI customer is willing to go for EDI and B2B with cross gate service. in this case the PI developer/consultant can play any role to implementation?

PI consultants will take care of the A2A integration where as all the B2B related EDI interfaces will be taken care by Cross gate.for instance customized mappings, version managements of EDI standard structures).But iam not sure that PI consultants will be eliminated from the picture because we need third party adapters only to validate EDI document ,send acknowledgment and convert it to EDI XML which will again PI consultants to our target structure (File ,Idoc).

where can i update knowledge on CROSS GATE EDI approach for B2B integration suppose i want to implement EDI for B2B integration to my customer.

I think the SAP support can provide you more information on this query .Even i have no idea about the usage and other aspects of XI-content that you have mentioned. for more information just navigate through the URL mentioned by mr. Benedict in the following blog it has further links that give much knowledge on EDI (crossgate)approach in PI .

/people/kevin.benedict/blog/2009/09/09/network-centric-sap-edi

Thanks,

Ram.