cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog- Scale prices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am aware that, we can upload multiple quantity based Prices in Qualified Look up Table called "Price" in SRM MDM Catalog repository like stated below :

Qty Price

0-10 2$

11-22 5$

But i don't see any option available to enter range value's in Lower Bound field of "Price " Table.

Please assist.

Kind Regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While importing your record you can add multiple record for an item with different lower bound and corresponding price. Once you import you can see the different price level for that item in MDM data manager. Even though there is no range for example let's say you have mentained lower bound 1, price 30$ ; 10, price 28$ ; 100 ,price 25$ then total quantity 1-9 it will calculate as 30$ each and once the total quantity is between 10-99 it will take price as 28$ for each one.

Hope it will help .

Thanks

Padhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padhi,

I inserted in my MDM Catalog the price as you said, but the user can choose any price they want, independently from the quantity.

This functionality is available only if the Catalog item has a SAP Material Number (where maybe there is the scale pricing that could be check?)

Thanks and Regards!

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User can only choose the quantity and based on that system decides the price range.Also this will work even when there is no SAP material number in the catalog.

Try this along with maintaining the Lower bound 1,10,and 100 also maintain the price base quantity field for the same item as 1,10,100 .

Let me know.

Thanks

Padhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padhi,

normally the price base quantity field is to say how much has to be divided the price

so 1000 EUR for 50 pieces >> 1 piece = 1000/50

The fact is that in the Catalog you have more than one entry for the price, and you have to decide which one you want. The system is not so smart to change the price based on the quantity.

Anyway I tried as you suggested to insert the same price base quantity as the lower bound:

Lower bound: 1 - 100 - 1000 piece

Price: 10 - 5 - 1 EUR

Price Base Unit: 1 - 100 - 1000 piece

In the Catalog I can see the three entries and I can decide which I want.

I choose price 5 EUR but with 1001 quantity (for which the price has to be 1 EUR).

In the shopping cart I have 1001 pieces, price 5 euro per 100 pieces = 50,05 EUR.

This is not the result we want as Scale prices.

Do the Scale price work in your system?

Thank you and Regards,

Maria

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria, Padhi,

We have exactly the same behaviour in our system.

Scale prices are available in the item details. However the system does not repond on the quantity entered.

You would expect the system to select the correct scale price depending on the quantity entered by the user.

This does not seem to be the case.... user has to select the correct price.

There even does not seem to be any check.. warning.

Next to that I have a another question:

In case of scale prices you can not directly put the item in shopping cart in the item list view

(shopping cart icon is gone, which is OK)

The price information is now hyperlinked and when you click on it an additional screen appears in the list view which displays the various scale prices....however the lowerbound is not shown? This seems to me essential information? Is this field customziable?

Thank you and Regards,

Leonie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonie,

yea, this is a very good question!

I agree that in presence of no warning message AT LEAST I can see the Lower Quantity already in the list without go in the detail. I don't see any place where we can customize this field.

But in the same time I guess the business cannot accept such a behaviour and there is always a problem in trusting people.

You should write a OSS Message anyway, if you really need it...

Good luck!

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we applied the support package of the MDM Catalogue 3.0 SP03 Patch4 (we have now the version 7.1.02.96).

Now the scale price works perfectly!!!

I hope this can help.

Best Regards,

Maria