cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing the std SAP infoobject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to create a custom Infoobject and map it to 0MATERIAL. This is because the master data attributes of 0MATERIAL are not to be changed and for my custom infoobject master data infosource I intend to add a certain attributes that I would populate in Update rules based on some condition.

In an implementation I have seen that a datasource has been created in BW itself to achieve this (I was able to see such a datasource in RSA5 of that BW system)

Could somebody help me with the procedure of this?

Also if I use 0MATERIAL in this way, will there be any implications on it?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RSA1 - InfoSources - find 0material - right click -generate export datasource

replicate datasource for myself source system

use this ( datasource will 8<Material> as a source for your newly created material infoobject's InfoSource.

hope it helps

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one quesion, why don't you add the attributes to 0MATERIAL infoobject? even if it is using in other data targets that won't effect to existing data targets. Provide the DS infosource relation. it will work perfectly.

As vikash told you that will work fine. that is the way if you want to do it.

My opinion is do it in the standard one. so that we can maintain the master data in one place.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

There is already an export datasource generated and assigned to some infosource. In this case how can I proceed?

By the way, do you know about the procedure to create a generic datasource within BW itself using 0MATERIAL?

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

it's possible. we have generic DS on master data infoobjects.

Omaterial Export Data source assigned to X infosource.

create generic data source on X, do the same thing what you have done for 0material. assign it to new info object.

or add the fields in 0material.

Create generic DS on 0material. create infosource some XYZ. Create update rules from XYZ infosource to 2 info objects.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Answers (0)