Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Access JDBC problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to poll data from MS Acces over JDBC, but I have an error:

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=//192.168.1.16/pi/mslopar/out/employee.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

I read blog [JDBC|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417400)ID1770657850DB10081709729023661655End?blog=/pub/wlg/2590] and thought that I also could use sender side, but no luck. When I code program in Java it can read data from this table using same paramaters. Any idea?

thx

mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi by your error I understood that Driver is not registered properly.

So Did you deployed the corresponding drivers in Server.

Otherwise search for blog which directs u to deploy jdbc and jms drivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I did not deploy any driver, except Oracle, but according to above blog, SUN allready deployed JDBC-ODBC driver with Java Runtime, and I we can use it without any problems, even without DNS:

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a try, could you change Dbq to DBQ in the driver path.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, no luck

I'm closest to opinion that sun,java.jdbc* is somehow not there, but why?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

An another thread by Vinay also describes about the same problem

Can you try the steps which I have suggested there?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hm, what I did:

I created some small JAVA program that connects to that DB, transffered .java file to server, compiled it on server and run it - the same error. This means that Java 1.4.2_17 doesn't know about sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcDriver package on server?! what do you mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it, allready, but no luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found something called as BI JDBC driver, is it possible to deploy this on PI and try it?