Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i need a clarification.

I issued a material for an outbound delivery by picking the material from 922.

Now i would like to remove the negative quant from 922.

Is there any option other than moving the material from Physical storage type/Bin to 922 through LT01?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u have a positive on 922, it means u have an incomplete Post change notice. This is normally triggered from IM and then completed on the WM. As mentioned by WILSAQ, it can be noticed in LU04 for the material. or if warehouse activity monitored is set up, u can check in LL01.

However ur scenario seems to be a bit weird, since u have used the inventory from 922 to do a Good issue, this is actually a quantity which should have been picked from a picking bin. You were able to do this since u have activated 'allow negative for interim storage types'. However this is not correct. Physically if u r going to do a Good issue, this has be picked from a picking storage type/bin. I suggest that u do a LT01 and bring the inventory to 922.

however there are ways of adjusting these negatives in 922.

1. Write up this inventory

2. Any release from blocked/quality using 321/343 of this material will cancel the unrestricted negatives, however it will create another negative in 922 with different status either S or Q.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj.

i cannot reverse PGI as the billing is done and also cannot go for physical inventory as 922 have several open TR and TO's

only option left is to use LT01

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

i understand that it is totally incorrect pick a material from an interim storage type.

But i would like to know is there any solution to overcome this.

how to balance the stock? do we have any other option than LT01? moving material from a physical storage type to 922 or do we have any other way by which we can overcome this situation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

how was the inventory selected from 922, was it a manual effort ? (did u manually create the TO for the outbound delivery and gave the Source ST as 922). Is it a one time thing or is it happening all the time? If this is not a manual effort, and ur picking strategies proposed the ST automatically then we have look in different angle.. Assuming this is a manual error look at the following solutions.

To fix the inventory.. the correct solution is, backout everything u did,

1. cancel the PGI for the delivery - VL09 ( if already PGI'd)

2. return to stock from delivery - LT0G

3. Create TO for delivery from right ST

4. PGI the delivery.

the second step should bring the inventory back to 922 and ur negative will be cleared.

There are some other ways to correct this also. Systematically ur IM inventory will be accurate, however if ur WM inventory will have extra units on the picking bin. As u didnot want to do a LT01, to correct this inventory, write up inventory using 712 mvt type. , Use MB11 transaction, give the material and ST as 922 and bin. This will automatically bring up the inventory and ur 922 negative will be cleared. However a cycle count has to be done for the material to write down the extra units.

this will avoid u from doing LT01...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

However i have one question.

if you say we should not check "Allow Negative stock" then we may not be able to process a transfer posting.

????

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, if u disable the 'allow negative stock' , u will not be able to do transfer posting. the reason i mentioned this is because , u picked from an interim storage type for an outbound delivery. Which is totally incorrect from a business prespective. For 601, the inventory is going out of the system and it has to be a legitimate one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replying on Behalf of Krishna.

Hi

it is without HU & SU.

Delivery is PGIed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the business process for this Posting Change?

Do you really need an Outbound Delivery?

If you are working with simple WM (and Quants) the system can be configured to use transaction LQ02 to process a posting change.

thanks,

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Check that the Outbound Delivery has been Post Goods Issued.

Check to see if there is an Open Posting Change Notice - transaction LU04.

Is this WM, WM with SUM or WM with HUM?

thanks,

A