cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform printing more pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

I am new in smartform and form printing in general, and I have a problem: I need to print a smartform with two kind of pages and each kind can stay on more pages. So I thought that I have to create 4 pages:

KIND_1_FIRST

KIND_1_NEXT

KIND_2_FIRST

KIND_2_NEXT

on KIND_1_FIRST and KIND_2_FIRST I set respectively KIND_1_NEXT and KIND_2_NEXT as next page. The working hould be that when finished processing KIND_1 I need to start processing KIND_2 ... if I simply put KIND_2_FIRST and KIND_2_NEXT after KIND_1's pages in the tree of the pages, they are not processed and in output I can see only KIND_1_FIRST and KIND_1_NEXT.

I don't know if I am missing something important to set the order of the page to be processed.

I hope I've been clear ...

thanks to anyone eill help me

gabriele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is your starter page is KIND_1_FIRST, so the smartform automatically follows the flow of this page: KIND_1_FIRST->KIND_1_NEXT.

U need to force the call of the KIND_2_PAGE by command node, but u make sure this command is triggered as last action of page type KIND_1_*

So the best solution can be to place the MAIN window as last window of page KIND_1_FIRST and KIND_1_NEXT, and the COMMAND node as last node of the MAIN window.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it works, but now I cannot understand why, tha main windows of KIND_2 page is not processed .. while, the other windows of same page work; in main windows I put simple Hello world text, but is not showing ...

Edited by: Gabriele Montori on Sep 17, 2009 10:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Because the MAIN should be the same for all pages, so if the smartforms has skipped to KIND_2_PAGE, it means the MAIIN was completly proccessed: u've placed the COMMAND to skip to KIND_2_PAGE as last action of the MAIN?

I think u should explain why u need to arrange your smartform with KIND_2_PAGE and KIND_2_NEXT

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

I think I understand ... the main is the same for all even if I put other data (like text and so on) it is not processed, because tha main is like a special page.

The reason of all of this is that I am replacing some sapscript in PP with a smartform; for PP order CO02 trigger two prints (LG02 LK01) .. I found where sapscript are opened and processed and I replaced with the call to my fm smartform. The problem I am trying to solve is to print two different kind of page triggering just one call to smartform. I think that simply in the second type page, I have to create another windows NOT MAIN and fill it with data ... is it correct?

Edited by: Gabriele Montori on Sep 17, 2009 10:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

no .. there is a problem using no main windows: now processing of table in not main window of second type page, do not trigger the next page (of second type obviously) to finish of printing data: just one second page is printed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't believe it can use two different MAIN windows in the same smartform, that means the second type page shouldn't have a main window, and so the NEXT page for second type page is useless.

Probably u should create another SMARTFORMS to manage the last 2 pages.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you think will work if I do as follow?

insert in sf logic to handle how many data have been processed in second type page and then put a command to call the second page itself till data are finished.

thanks for helping me

gabriele

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do u print in second type page?

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

sorry for delay

in second page I print the Pick list while in first page Op. control ticket. How can I create a page that put data on next page in second type page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't know how your smartform is arranged, but I've done this:

- Create a simple smartform having two pages: PAGE1 and PAGE2, the page flow is:

PAGE1->PAGE1 (so it has itself as next page)

PAGE2->PAGE2 (so it has itself as next page)

U can have a different page as next page, it's the same.

- Create 2 internal table ITAB1 and ITAB2;

- Create a MAIN with two loop (one for ITAB1 and one for ITAB2)

- Insert the command to skip from PAGE1 to PAGE2 between the loop of ITAB1 and loop of ITAB2

In this way the smartform skips to PAGE2 as soon as has finished to print the data for ITAB1, and then start to print the data of ITAB2.

As the logic of the MAIN is not finished at the statament to skip to new page, the data will be print in PAGE2 and in the next page.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much it works

Answers (0)