cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII hung up after connection problems. Reset possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have a problem with a database connection. If the connection fails, e.g. because of network problems, jobs got stuck. Thats ok, but when the connection is up again, MII cannot reconnect to the DB again, but seems to hung up itself. Processes in the Message Monitor remain in status running. After a while not even login to MII is possible.

Is there a possibility to "wake up" the connection without restarting MII? Can I reset something? Currently we are rebooting the whole system. We are using 12.0.2 (88).

I should also mention that I only have access to NetWeaver NWA, not the server level (Visual Admin etc.).

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do you have a validation query defined in your data server? I would also recommend updating to the latest sp.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie,

yes, all servers have a validation query.

The one thing that I have noticed: there is an error message in the Log saying "connection reset". If this occurs, then MII does not seem to be able to pick up the connection again.

Michael

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although it was addressing nuances with DB2, SAP Note 1346624 mentions data server system hanging symptoms, and SAP Note 1373034 also touched upon JDBC connections.

To Jamie's earlier point about upgrading, you mention being on 12.0.2 which is the first GA release of MII version 12 and there have been some tweaks in the JDBC connection pooling area that may very well have already addressed your issue.

If you have a sandbox or dev system on a newer release I would be curious to know if your problem does not happen, but if for some reason you must stay at 12.0.2 for the short term, then another option to consider would be to create a NetWeaver JDBC connection, and then change your data server to a Datasource connection. Deleting the existing one, creating a new one with the same name, but of type Datasource will allow all your query templates to work in the same capacity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

thanks for the notes. Currently we have no time to upgrade, but looking at the fixed problems list described in the notes it would be a good thing to go up to 12.0.7 SP08. However as we also have to upgrade NW and Java, this it not done in a minute.

Using the Datasource would be an option. I successfully tried it once for an oracle connection and it worked fine. Meanwhile it seems that we have solved the connection problem, apparently some DNS settings have been wrong.

Michael

Answers (0)