cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAL fabric calender - How to customize in Prod without opening SCC4 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi togehther,

we could change the factory calender (SCAL) in the ERP development system and afterwords transport this changes by using a transport request and STMS to the ERP Productive system.

But our consultants recommend not to transport these changes. They recommend to open the prod System with SCC4 to open status (Changes are allowed) and then make the changes in the prod system.

I think, this is the wrong way. How do you solve this probem?

Carsten Schulz

Teamlead SAP-Basis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering.

Is there another possibilty, perhaps setting a flag, so that we can customize the fabric calendar in prod system?

Yes I asked, why are the consultants recommending that we change scal directly in prod. system?

best regards....

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually you either transport a change request or open the system, I don't think theres any reason to look for additional paths... Now, I can't see any issues on transporting the factory calendar also if the reason for not transporting the changes is valid (whatever it is) and the system will be open to do approved changes to the Factory calendar I can't see a reason why not either. Always take in consideration that changes done directly in production will potentially make the calendars out of sync in your environment.

As said before I will also much rather tranporting the changes when possible.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
But our consultants recommend not to transport these changes.

Did you ask why?

They recommend to open the prod System with SCC4 to open status (Changes are allowed) and then make the changes in the prod system.

This is another possibility. But I would go with STMS wherever possible.