cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language probelm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I right click on VIEW ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER, to add the Element, the options are coming in german langugae.

Is there any setting to change into EN. ( IDES ECC 6.0).

regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is it just a couple of items that are in German instead of English? If so you might be missing some translations. This is generally only the case with early internal builds at SAP. What release level and patch level do you have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am using the Release 700 and Level 5.

First letter is showing in English and rest of the letters showing in German. Is there any setting to change for language?

I am logging with Userid, pwd and EN. Please advice me in this.

regards,

Ajay

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas,

> I am using the Release 700 and Level 5.

>

> First letter is showing in English and rest of the letters showing in German. Is there any setting to change for language?

>

> I am logging with Userid, pwd and EN. Please advice me in this.

>

> regards,

> Ajay

If you are logged in, in English, then you will get all available english texts. You only get German texts if the English are missing - which would be extremely odd in any shipping version of the product.

You say you are at 7.00 level 5. I'm confused by "Level 5". Do you mean Support Package 5? If so are you sure that is the NetWeaver Support Package level? Any Support Package level before 8 was never released to customers. Unless you are an SAP employee, you would never have seen that old of a support package level on NetWeaver 7.0. If your system truely is pre-release to customers - then that could explain the missing translations.

If this is a customer system and it is actually at 7.0 SP5, then it really needs to be patch to a later support package level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u log into ECC6.0 , u are prompt for username and password , at that time select the logon language as EN

check if the same problem persists