cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emca configuration on rac with sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I have Rac oracle 10g (2 node - 10.2.0.4) with sap system (SAP ECC 6.0), o.s. linux (sles 10 sp2). Can anybody tell me if i can configure emca ? it is any issues from sap regarding emca , rac and sap? I dont have any test system with this configuration (SAP ECC 6.0 with oracle rac) to make some test .Somebody work with emca on sap with rac in production? Tanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont see why it wouldnt work

Do check the documentation for EMCA to work with RAC

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28319/emca.htm#BABFAJED

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thanks for reply .

I read sap note "Note 386413 - Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) in the SAP environment" and "Note 105047 - Support for Oracle functions in the SAP environment" :

"Enterprise Manager (OEM) and other Oracle administration tools such as DBControl :

Can be used, but no SAP support is provided.

You can also use optional OEM packages, but no SAP support is provided.

You can also use the Management Server, but no SAP support is provided.

You can use Enterprise Manager Grid Control for monitoring purposes, but Oracle provides support (not SAP).

You cannot use Enterprise Manager Grid Control for other purposes (Note 828268).

The use of OEM to create CBO statistics is not supported.

For more information, see Note 386413."

The above are my concern. If OEN not work properly is not a problem, but I am afraid to not have problems with the SAP system functionality.

SAP and Oracle Forum forum tell me to implemntez OEM without a care, but there was someone who worked with OEM on RAC with SAP? And if so, outside of configuration problems or other issues related to Oracle, SAP has had some problems due to OEM?

Sorry that strongly, but talk of a production system and dont want to risk anything.

Thanks for help,

A day without "ORA-00600"

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do need to take into account that SAP has developed BRTOOLS with the pupose of making Database administration easier.

They dont and wont spend time on making sure all of the Oracle tools are supported in all types of cases.

Understand your concerns. Hopefully someone who may have used will respond.

Pravin