cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver Error: Resource Pool Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a scenario where my messages are flowing from SAP to legacy system using JDBC as the receiver adapter and at the legacy system it is updating the Oracle Database. It was all running succesfully from long back. Now I got the following error (in every communicaton channel which using the JDBC adapter, I chcekd this in communication channel monitoring) in Runtime Workbench --> Message Monitoring --> Adapter Engine.

Error Category XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_JDBC

Error Code PROCESSING_ERROR

2009-09-16 22:03:35 Success Receiver JDBC adapter: processing started; QoS required: ExactlyOnce

2009-09-16 22:03:59 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX:XXXX': SQLException: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 3968 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","sga heap(1,0)","transaction")

I have checked in SDN where I get information about : Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX:XXXX':. But I am not getting any information about SQLException: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 3968 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","sga heap(1,0)","transaction").

Can any body please let me know about the error which I am getting and how can I resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Contact the DB admin (DBA) and ask him if enough resource pools are available...enough space / resources seems to be unavailable.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek for ur reply.

This means that it not the technical job in which I can provide any help. Our DBA they all are client.

I have read in SDN that it cannot establish connection to URL because either Oracle is down or JDBC parameters have been changed (like user name/password).

If enough resource pools are not available...enough space / resources seems to be unavailable then what needs to be done from my side (as the client always ask me what needs to be done then and by whom).

Thanks

Zeba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhiskek.

The problem is now resloved!!! I replied back to the client giving them the ssme suggestion that you gve me.

Answers (0)