cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma Invoice and Invoice Released to account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have typical scenario. My client is asking for this scenario. below is the scenario:

In SAP we will create proforma invoice. That proforma invoice should release to account. Only educational cess to be released to account. No other condition type should released to account during proforma invoice.

Secondly while creating the normal invoice, basic price and excise duty should released account. But education cess (Which is already released to account during proforma Invoice) should not released to account during invoice.

How to resolve this issue?

Regards

Ashis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please dont add such unwanted comments thereby pushing OLD thread on top of the forum. Go through this

[Read This Before Closing your Threads|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1922492&tstart=0]

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I donu2019t think so this kind of scenario will be possible.

Lets see this by doing the process.

Sales order u2013 delivery u2013 proforma invoice u2013 accounting document.

Now as you know once you create the accounting document all the previous document status will be completed.

Now if you want to create your invoice in which you want to neglect the educational cess cant be created with any of the document as all other documents are completed.

So to create this scenario is really difficult work.

So it will be better you create the invoice only rather than proforma invoice.

And i dont find any logic of hiding education cess in invoice and then releasing it with the help of proforma invoice.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As client is doing this business practice since long time so they do not want change.

They are asking for this particular scenario only.

Regards

Ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

If client is terming the name as u2018Proformau2019 educate him that proforma invoices canu2019t be released to accounting or no accounting document would generated with reference to Proforma. This logic will be applicable not only with ERP but in the real business (with pen and paper) too.

And if you are assuming that client is referring to proforma then maybe he is addressing definitely not proforma but something else.

Keeping the nomenclature aside, as already advised by our friends I donu2019t think it is possible to generate accounting documents exclusively for edu.cess. Once the accounting documents are generated the status would get change and system would not let you to create accounting documents further.

Please correct me if my understanding towards your issue is wrong.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my view , you must make your client about Proforma Invoice.

Possibly, your client is meaning some thing else but using the terminology 'proforma invoice" only.

Make him understand that, Proforma Invoice is a dummy invoice against which no account posting is possible. It does not update the status in reference document. You can create hundreds of Proforma Invoice with reference to Sales order and Delivery document.

For, Delivery related Proforma Invoice,even PGI is also not required.

In the copy control the "Positive/negative quantity" field mustbe remain disabled for Proforma Invoice.

Even if you are trying to do with some enhancement, it will not be logical and lot of problem will be encountered .

Make the client understand the concept of Proforma Invoice and try to understand his actual requirement.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so they do not want change.

It is the normal tendency of any client that they are not prepared to adjust to SAP style but insist to configure in line with the legacy system.

It is the consultant's responsibility to convince / justify that all the requirements cannot not be addressed in SAP and for some reason, they have to come in line with SAP behaviour so that the MIS reports can be generated.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis,

First of all, what is the necessity of performing the scenario as you have mentioned in your query.

To answer your query, as per standard, Proforma Invoice is not supposed to be released to accounting. It is just a dummy invoice.

Releasing to account can be performed during your Normal Invoice.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But my client's business practice is like that only. They are asking for this particular thing.

Regards

Ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any reply please.

regards

Ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your Client is following this Practice which is not describe as BEST, then its consultants job to tell them the Pros and cons about the process. As you know Proforma invoice is nothing but a kind of Paper which is used when there is no commercial invoice at that time due to various reason.

again if you want to release the amount into accounting then go for normal commercial invoice.

Thanks,

Raja